A Short "Road trip"

Started by recoil junky, December 17, 2010, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

This morning I hauled the bones and scraps from the deer and elk butherin' up the road to a coulee where the birds and other varmints can pick it over. I saw what looked like, from the tracks, a herd of cattle had gone up the road. What the heck??!

On closer inspection I saw they were indeed elk tracks. :MOGRIN:

So I took a couple pictures to share with ya'll

Here's where they went up the hillside to the south of the road.

And here's where they decided to spend the day. There were about twice this many scattered out on the hillside covering a good 150-175 acres. Somewhere close to 400 head I'd guess.

It's been 2-3 years since there were any elk, in numbers anyway, winter on the PRC ground and wheat fields near the house. It's good to see them coming back.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

LET ME SEE YOUR FACE............................how bad is your shootin eye twitchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

recoil junky

Quote from: Alboy;110050LET ME SEE YOUR FACE............................how bad is your shootin eye twitchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

;) I was a squintin'!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

Wouldn't make my eyes twich but sure would make my trigger finger itch. .....That's a lot of elk. Thanks for sharing. .....Paul H

JaDub

I cofess to    whimpering       a bit.    :food04:

Tags: