How to make a customer irate in 3 easy steps...

Started by babbyc1000, January 18, 2011, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbyc1000

i found this out yesterday, the 3 simple steps to turn a nice placid customer into an irate monster, just incase you ever wondered how to do it...

1 - tell the customer that his new guns will work out at £1200 UK ($1870 US), then proceed to charge him £1385 UK ($2160 US) two weeks later, citing the extra as charges for getting the guns proofed (ie safety tested) and shipped...

hows that, he getting annoyed yet? well go to step 2... :mad:

2 - note down what the customers specifications are for his new 17hmr rifle, ie, a blued mossberg 817 complete with scope and a long barrel. then go ahead and order him a mossberg 817, without scope, a arrel 4" shorter than the other 817's on the rack beside it, and a brushed chrome action and barrell (exactly as shown) :angry:

for extra anger points play dumb and brush aside his concerns when he explains that he asked for a blued model because it is a hunting gun not a "posing at the range" gun, and that a blued model would not stand out so much as chrome... :Banghead:

so your customer still hasnt blown his top? ok, lets try point 3. you may want to have the local police and paramedics on standby at this stage :stop:

3 - when your customer orders two new mossberg 12 ga shotguns, tell him that you can have them in within 2 days. then keep putting your customer off with false hope (oh theyve been held up with the bad weather/christmas holidays, etc) or with blatant lies (they were proofed last week and theyre on their way to us now). then after 6 weeks, when your customer has missed all the christmas shoots that he usually attends with family and friends, ring the supplier when he's in the shop, and announce to the customer that the supplier has never actually managed to get the guns from the USA, and so would he be interested in a nice webley and scott shotgun instead? :eek:

ps you get bonus points here if you manage to prevent the customer ramming the webley and scott into a place on your body where the sun doesnt shine :toilet:

well thats been my week so far (yes, im the unfortunate customer) and its only tuesday, hope everyones having a better one!! :stars:
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

JaDub

Alboy

I can believe it alright.

Are you writnig from jail or were you able to vent safely somewhere else?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

LvrLover

It is hard to believe how much different it is here. I could probably have all those guns in my possession today if I wanted them. There are at least 5 gun shops within 1/2 hour drive from here. If I wanted to drive an hour there are dozens. At the worst, I would call my buddy who has a FFL and he would have them in a week or so. Hope you get it all resolved.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

babbyc1000

alboy luckily i was able to get out of there before i did or said something i regretted :no: i've calmed down alot and ive given them til friday to sort it, im chalking it up as a learning experience :Banghead:

lvrlover the problem with northern ireland (and most of the uk) is equal amounts of tradition, lack of knowedge, and snobbery; the over and under is the most common type of shotgun, in fact its the only type of shotgun most people ever come into contact with, other types of shotguns (especially pump actions) are viewed with suspicion. next popular after over and unders you'd have semi auto's but even then youre mostly looking at dearer brands of guns like beretta, benelli, franchi, etc - some people believe that unless you spend £1000 or more on a gun its useless. and also our licensing system (and the waiting times involved) means people very rarely buy a gun on a whim, so shops stock what they know will sell, and leave everything else to be ordered in as needed :(

anyway the good news is i did a bit of searching myself and found a supplier in england who has both 930's and 535's in stock and can be shipped over asap, so ill have the guns within a week one way or another. the chromed 817 is slowly starting to grow on me; well grow is an exaggeration, perhaps i should say im no longer incandescant with rage everytime i think of it :laugh: if im honest i actually do like the look of it, but im just not convinced about it. we'll see what friday brings :lipsrsealed:

gitano

Actually, I've been spending a little time at a "British" gun site and I have to say I am not surprised. "You guys" are 'bent over' on a regular basis as far as I can tell. I'd lay into the son of a bachelor on the web and every UK gun site I could find. We have arrogant sons of bachelors like this guy 'over here', but they get raked over the coals on the internet, AND IT MATTERS. At least here it does.

Sorry about this. It's REALLY too bad you had to 'eat' that rifle.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

very unfortunate to hear. they really got all aspects of your order wrong. That certainly would be frustrating. You handled it well Babby, kudos!!! I can't believe how "hard" it is to aquire the gun you want over there. Keep your patience and hang in there, you will get your guns!!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Brithunter

You would have thought with Northern Ireland supposedly part of the UK the laws would be similar but nooooooooooo too easy. The strangest thing is that pistols are not banned there I understand yet long arms are more severely restricted.

None of which concerns the terrotists or crimminls as they don't get to hoots for the law in the first place.
Go Get them Floyd!

babbyc1000

thanks guys, im actually quite surprised at how well ive behaved so far; then again i have to be very careful what i do at the moment lol, long story. and hey bh long time no speak! yep pistols are still legal here (well you can get them on the mainland but theyre section 5 i think, very difficult to get??), but we still get them for a very simple reason - personal protection weapons! they cant ban them because of that! as for long arms, everything else (shotgun, air rifle, you name it) is classed as a firearm and held on a firearm certificate :(

only thing we have easy is one on/one off for shotguns, meaning i can walk into a shop, hand them my old shotgun, buy a new one, get them to change my licence and leave with it there and then :) but thats left me with a problem at the moment; the gunshop (and i use that term loosely...) have taken my old mossberg 500's and disposed of them, and because of that i cant walk into any other shop and buy the new 535 and 930 there, because i now have no old guns for a new shop to enter into their books as being handed in to be replaced by the two new ones :( its a catch 22 situation; i'll be waiting goodness knows how long to get the new shotguns from them, but if i go to another shop ill have to send off an application to the police with proof of destruction of the old guns and serial numbers of the new ones, and thatll probably take 3 or 4 months to process; supposedly the shop have them ordered from a different supplier now, and ive been told theyll be here next week (not holding my breath though) :lipsrsealed:

Brithunter

****...................... we just walk in with our shotgun certificate hand it over with the required amount to purchase said shotgun. They put it on the certificate and you walk out. Simples.

Oh yes there is 11 spaces that can be used on my certificate at least.
Go Get them Floyd!

babbyc1000

youre making me jealous now lol; thats the joys of everything being held on a fac, its all treated like a section 1 firearm (apart from the one on/off with shotguns of the same calibre!) plus we have to give good reason for every gun we own; its not too bad if youre a member of a club, but i usually have a fight to get anything else. i was going to buy a ,223 soon but i cant be bothered with the hassle - ehy do you need a 3rd rifle when you already have a 17hmr and a 22lr :/

babbyc1000

UPDATE

well what an interesting week this has been... after the shop told me last week there is a problem getting mossbergs shipped in from america i decided to do some checking up... i emailed the fabled mossberg customer services last night asking if there was any problems, and was shocked (in a good way) that they got back to me within 15 minutes :)

mossberg told me as far as they were aware there was no problems with shipping the guns, but to check their two dealers in the uk, York Guns, and The Saddlery and Gunroom. I emailed both of them (telling a white lie, saying the shop had told me they were the suppliers) and asking what was happening. I got no response from either of them so called into the gunshop to find out who the supplier was so i could ring them direct (im not putting the exact name up as i dont want this to come up on a search engine, but the name of the shop is the sh. oot. ing sh. ac. k); i chased my tail for 5 hours (one visit and 3 phone calls) before they finally told me who the supplier was! then i got a call from one of the bosses in the shop saying the guns were all sorted and he was sending a cheque tomorrow to the supplier, York Guns. thought this was weird, but i told him ok id leave it with him... and as soon as i got off the phone i rang the supplier/dealer york guns to see what their story was :greentongue:

and what a story it was! i ordered my mossberg 535 12ga, 930 12ga and 817 17hmr on 10th of december from the 'shack. i paid for them on the 15th of december, as i find it difficult to keep track of money over xmas and didnt want it lying in my account, and i was assured theyd be here by xmas. according to to york guns, they had the new shotguns i wanted in stock, but they were only ordered on the 5TH OF JANUARY, and as i said already, still hadnt been paid for. due to the mess up with the chrome hmr i also checked what guns had been ordered, and whaddya know... the shop had ordered me a 12ga 930 ok, but theyd ordered me a bog standard mossberg 500 instead of the 3.5" magnum 535 i wanted! i now have it sorted, ive told York exactly what i want and theyre checking to make sure they have 535's in stock... :Banghead:

i'm going to wait til i get both shotguns through (and ill be contacting the supplier direct to check progress) before i say anything in the shop...
:hanged:

gitano

I'd keep track of everything, let the shop owner make up some lies in explanation, then show him the "evidence". But then I'm "that way".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

You shop sounds like the one is Sth wales that I was supposed to be getting the Midland from. They kept putting obsticles in the way and adding costs to it.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: