Nosler Service

Started by gitano, June 12, 2011, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I have had occasion of late to do business with Nosler via their website. In the first instance, they shipped a box of bullets to the wrong address, in spite of me telling them in writing and on the phone NOT to send it where they sent it. HOWEVER, they rectified the problem at no cost to me and did it LIGHTENING FAST! The second incident was just last week. On MONDAY, I called and ordered 6 boxes of "factory seconds" in 8mm and .338. I called at the same time I placed the internet order, and talked with the lady that had dealt with the previous SNAFU. She said she'd "take care of it". I GOT THE BULLETS ON THURSDAY!:jumpingsmiley:

Hat's off to Nosler-on-the-web. :toff: They will be getting more of my business.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Nosler and Redding seem to be the cream of the crop. Not that others aren't good.....they just seem to care about their customers. I also like the fact that they are both "all American".  Happy to hear another good report on Nosler. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Just looking at them the other day.  I can get Nosler bullets (as a rule) (at least in the lower 48) cheaper through Midway than I can directly from Nosler. I even mentioned that to the folks at Nosler via email (no response)

Maybe they like folks from Wasilla :sweetheart: better than folks from Craig :Banghead:.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Waaallll.... Since I like you ;) I'll post a little-known part of their site. You might find these prices a bit more to your liking: http://www.shootersproshop.com/Departments/Reloading/Components/Bullets/Nosler-Factory-2nds/In-Stock.aspx

But I do think they like me more than they do you... :greentongue:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

It is like Lee tools, about 30-40% cheaper from a vendor than from Lee, of course , they are protecting their vendors.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

what are "factory seconds"? God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

And it took a 'brit' crying over bullet prices to find the link......:rolleyes:

You guys have it sooooooooooooo good!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

recoil junky

Factory seconds or "blems" are bullets that don't make the grade for some reason. They have a ding or scratch or are "off" in some way. They usually perform as the "original" was expected to.

Only thing is they never seem to have any 'blems" in what I shoot the most of.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

Often the only thing wrong with a Nosler 2nd, or "blem" is that the color of the plastic tip is wrong, or just a shade off. That's according to an online buddy that works there.
Some of the recent 2nds are that way because the boxes were damaged/discolored in last year's fire. When they destroyed the boxes they didn't re-box them, just dumped them in bags and re-labeled them.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

drinksgin (deceased)

RJ, we both seem to have about the same hexes riding on us.
I did do well on the 5", 3jaw I bought that had one set of jaws very much off and the other one not even up to the one I cobbled together.
I sent the co. an email with the test results, said I was not going to bother sending it back, the shipping to and fro would cost more than it was worth and I was just going to absorb the cost and felt that I should have just stood in bed.
This morning an email from the co. came and the owner graciously is sending me a full refund without me even sending the defective chuck back and he apologized for the bad chuck.
Very much unexpected but very much appreciated.
I have sent him a nice thank you.

:grin:

gitano

I've been using Nosler factory seconds for decades and I have never been able to tell the difference visually, (other than as Jamie.270 said regarding plastic tip color),  by weight, or diameter from the factory "perfect". I think I still have some factory second 180 Partitions I bought in the mid-80s. Of course the reason I still have some of them is because they're in .30 caliber.

With respect to "service", I am finding that small American companies seem to demonstrate what most of us consider "good" service. The problems seem to arise when a company like RCBS or Winchester get bought out by "businessmen" and the "bottom-line" is the GOAL, and quality and service are only "valuable" as they relate to profits. Too often, there is a misunderstanding by non-businessmen about the difference between the GOAL of the business being profit, and the NEED for a business to BE profitable.

I am a small businessman. If you don't make a profit, you don't survive. However, what "trained businessmen" haven't been TRAINED in, is the ABSOLUTE importance of not making PROFIT the GOAL of the company. In fact, the opposite it true: They are trained that profit is the ABSOLUTE goal, and all the other elements of the business are to be considered only in the context of profit. In other words, they "appreciate" the value of 'good service' and 'quality products' ONLY AS LONG AS THOSE FACTORS INCREASE/MAXIMIZE PROFITS. They WILL show an interest in quality and service IF AND ONLY IF those factors increase/maximize profits, and they WILL SACRIFICE quality and service IF they can improve profit. Since most of the cost of doing business is labor, it is VERY easy to sacrifice quality and improve profit. When that's the ULTIMATE goal, you see what we have come to expect from manufacturers today.

This business attitude was established in the business schools (universities) in the '80s and was described variously as the "me generation" and exemplified by the likes of Milken and Buffet and Gates to name a very few. We are reaping what was sown a generation ago, and will be for at least another generation.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Nosler is also offering free shipping for online orders this month!!

Just enter the promo code "Freeship1" during checkout.

I just heard about this, sorry if it's a little late. :(
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteNosler is also offering free shipping for online orders this month!
But not to Alaska or Hawaii.:frown

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

NAANAANAA, thatl learn ya!

Tags: