Previous topic - Next topic

Redfield Revenge or Nikon ProStaff

edfield Revenge
0 (0%)
ikon ProStaff
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

RatherBHuntin

Need to replace the Nikon Monarch I stole from my son's 308 and have narrowed the choices to Refield Revenge 3-9x42 or the Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40. The Redfield is about $30 cheaper. I really like the Nikon I have, but sure the ProStaff will not be as good as the Monarch though.
Thoughts?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

Well Glenn, I actually have some input! Now, I have never used a redfield revenge but I do have two prostaffs. I decided to try them when I got my 25-06, I just did not want to break the bank with a new scope so I ordered a prostaff. I used that rifle that year to hunt deer and I will say that I was very dissapointed in low light with it. It certainly was not as good as my VX-III on the 7mm mag. That being said, i decided to order another one for my 45/70 when I first put a scope on it. Nikon had just changed the design of the prostaff and built it a little differently. I then decided to put a peep sight on the 45/70 and sold the old prostaff on the 25-06 and put the "improved" prostaff on it.
I took that rifle to my bear stand this year. When it was a few minutes past shooting time I could not see my bait barrel at 10 yards so I decided to look through the scope. I could see the opening of the barrel and under the barrel, I was very impressed with the "upgrades" they made to the scope. I would definitely recommend this scope if you don't want to break the bank. I must say though, it does not compare to the buckmasters, but you did not ask about that! I can get buckmasters pretty cheap:D
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I don't know enough - anything - about either, to make a choice. I am NOT "the glass guy". The only reason I posted this comment was to let you know that you weren't yelling into 'the abyss'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

RatherBHuntin

David,
PM me a quote on a 3-9x40 Nikon Buckmaster.  That is what I really wanted, just didn't want to pay that much for a scope that won't get an awful lot of use.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

the ruger American Rifle I just purchased came with a redfield revolution!!!! It is better than the prostaff!!! Nice piece of glass in my opinion!! will know more when the snow melts!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

Thanks David.  I put a Prostaff on my son's 308, but still have one Savage .243 that needs a scope at some point (to replace the Simmons junk  that came on it).  May go with the Revelution on it when I get around to it..no hurry here though.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

sakorick

A German professional hunter, Helmut,  once told me......Rick you show me a $2000 Steyr mit a cheap scope and you show me a piece of dung. You show me a cheap Remington 700 mit a Zeiss, and I smile.

That said I have grown fond of the Nikon Pro Staff and have one on my new Sako. Good Luck, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: