Deer 2016

Started by Hunterbug, November 01, 2016, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

And how's that sevemag working out for ya?  I don't dare carry mine anymore, I don't even have to think with it and  :cens: now the work starts. I didn't mean to shoot and now I have this 5X rag horn bull down. :mad:

Last time I carried it I didn't even load it and shot this:

Gol-durn thing, I just put the scope on him and the next thing I knew kaBOOM . . . . . THWACK, right in the neck and I had an elk down.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

7mm Mag is a great North American cartridge.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Full freezer , RJ !!! Nice going . Nice to drive up to the kill too, eh ??

I love my 7mm, it just puts down whatever I shoot at, `cept if the triggerman is trying to look thru fogged over glasses at 19 below. I took out the TIKKA this year for deer `cuz I thought the shot would be a close one, which it was. I also picked up a SAKO FinnBear in 7mm Rem mag ........... just havn`t had the chance to shoot it yet. Anyone have any experience with one of those ??

gitano

In 7mm what? There are lots of 7mms.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

recoil junky

That elk picture is from '04? Very small bodied, but he was very tasty.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Big horns are nice but don`t eat so well.  :p

gitano

They may not eat as well, but big horns usually mean a lot more to eat.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

10-4 on that.  Big difference between bull elk and cows out here.

Tags: