Apparently the apostle Paul didn't like vegetables.

Started by gitano, March 19, 2017, 03:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I thought about putting this in "The Christian Life", or "Send in the Clowns", but it isn't really a joke, (but I think it is funny ;) ), and some might think it sacrilegious (but it's not).

Here is the New International Version of the book of Romans, chapter 14, verse 2:
QuoteOne person's faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

I laughed out loud when I read that. :MOGRIN:

On a slightly more serious note; It might behoove people to read Romans 14 and 15 before they are allowed to post on 'social media', like Facebook, and other 'forums'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Odd to say the least. I was named after the Apostle, Paul. My brother was named after the Apostle Silas. We both eat most anything edible regardless of whether it's vegetable or meat. :D There is a few things I haven't eat. Mostly because I never had the opportunity. Some people don't like raw oysters but I love them cooked or not. .....Paul H

gitano

I've eaten oysters raw, but I prefer them battered and deep-fried just so they are barely cooked to the core.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, a short story about raw oysters. While in Maine bear hunting years ago a fellow from Letchfield, Me. came up to hunt. He brought about a bushel of "coal hogs" for the hunters & around two gallons of smaller "cherry" oysters for himself. My guide & I looked at each other. No words necessary. Soon as the hunters went to their stands my guide & I started on his sack of oysters. Ate them right out of the shells. They were gone in no time. :MOGRIN: We broke lots of shells & ripped the sack up & scattered them in the woods & back lawn of the camp. Next morning he ciphered bears had got his oysters. :angel: I doubt he knows the truth to this day. ......Paul H

gitano

I reckon maybe that :angel: might aughta be replaced with a :devil:

:lipsrsealed:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: