One Fox a month.

Started by jaeger88, March 20, 2017, 08:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I just put in 'standard' numbers for the 22-250 ql gave Pmax@69k, hodgdon data gives 52k...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

jaeger88

At the end of the day, just because my mate didn't "see", an exit wound  doesn't mean there wasn't one. To a Gamekeeper, as long as the Fox is  dead that's all that matters !.
He would certainly have looked for an entry wound, so he could take the :cens:
if my shot placement was lousy !.

My feeling is that the bullet passed straight through without expanding, & without contacting bone in transit.

Guess I shall never know, as Mr Fox is now worm food.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gitano

I'm not personally familiar with that bullet, but I assume since it is a "varmint" bullet, AND an "HP", that it has the classic "varmint" hollow point, which is only technically a "hollow" point. In other words, the point actually closes, but there is a "hollow" behind the closed tip of the jacket. In my experience, those type of bullets do have a tendency to act like FMJs. You're explanation could very well be correct.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Pauls

Mine

Powder data makes the difference.
Question is why the difference?
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: