Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

I have officially located one JOHN TALLEY at the

Trinity Mission Health and Rehabilitation
615 Falton Avenue
Comfort, Texas 78013
830-995-3747

Letters will reach him at that address.

I caught them right at pill popping and supper time so they were pretty pressed for talking. I will call back later and get more info such as does John have a phone, computer access and such. I was informed that there is a 24 hour staff call any time but I would caution flooding them. I mainly base that on John not even one finger communication with THL and not alienating the slim connection we have gained with the staff.

Number of Certified Beds: 76
Total Number of Residents: 54
Percent of Occupied Beds: 71%
Sprinkler Status: Fully sprinklered
Program Participation: Medicare and Medicaid
Type of Ownership: For profit - Corporation
Located Within a Hospital?: No
Multi Nursing Home Ownership?: Yes
Resident and Family Councils: Both
Continuing Care Retirement Community?: No
Quality Indicator Survey?: No
Special Focus Facility?: No
Type: Skilled Nursing Facilities

Overall Star Rating: 5 Stars
Health Inspections Star Rating: 5 Stars
Nurse Staffing Star Rating: 1 Star
Quality Measures Star Rating: 5 Stars
RN Only Star Rating: 1 Star
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

Sure glad to hear something, finally.
All I got was , voice mail box is full, when I tried to call him.
Let us know if you learn more.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

RatherBHuntin

Thanks Al, I guess I need to write 'Ol John a letter, bet he could use some distraction.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

22hornet

I hope he is doing well. Hopefully he can get access to a computer.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

kombi1976

Sounds like I need to send him a letter too. I'll send a book or something too if I can.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

gitano

I got hold of the person that typed John's last post here on THL. She is putting me in touch with the folks that are "watching after" him. Haven't heard anything yet, but expect to in a day or so. I suspect that they will be a better source of information than the nursing home.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Here's the latest I have:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:23 PM
To: pskvorc@biopar.com
Subject: john tally

hi paul...carol patton here, john tally's cousin in Waring tx.  i got an e mail from Lacey saying you had inquired about John's condition.  He is doing ok and is residing at Trinity Mission Health and Rehab in Comfort Texas about 6 miles from me.  He is still confined to a wheelchair and will always be so.  Has some trouble with speech and is permanently paralyzed on the right side.  He's lost alot of weight...down to about 170.  He looks good...he has a buzz haircut now and looks 10 years younger.  I have lunch with him every Monday and check in on him on Wed and Fri.  He has refused physical therapy but does go to occupational therapy where they are working on his throat muscles trying to strengthen his swallowing capabilities and is doing better in that respect.  It is so nice of you to ask about him...I told him on Monday that you had contacted Lacey.  Please feel free to e mail me at this address and I can keep you updated.  Thanks again for the contact.  Carol

Thank you, Carol. John has many friends at The Hunter’s Life (THL) that care about him and want to stay in touch. A couple of them are in Texas, and might actually be able to visit him. John is a very well-respected member of THL and a dear friend of mine. Being in Alaska makes it difficult to visit, and not having heard from him for so long, I feared for the worst. Please let John know that his friends are wishing him well and want to hear from him. Don’t hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks again,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

I was able to visit John this Sunday and the description Carol gave is fairly accurate. He has lost the use of his right arm and both legs. His speech is good though very soft.

Johm took a minute to remember me but then we got to talking for a bit. Told him how we had been hunting him and finally had confirmed his location. That all of his old friends would really like to see him back here at THL. We were needing to pock his brain on many subjects.

He says he is ready to quit being so lazy and plans to get back on line in a couple of days. He does not need a computer and can can see well enough to type one handed.

Trinity Mission Health and Rehabilitation
615 Falton Avenue
Comfort, Texas 78013
Attn: John Talley

As for contacting him letters and cards are preferred as the phone is dificult. The address above is good and to John Talley is all that is needed to reach him.

Patient phone is 830-995-3180, it is a wireless and staff will answer and take it to him.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

Good news! I'm going to write a card tomorrow. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Don't forget about John. I am quite certain that ANY correspondence is greatly appreciated.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Almost 5 years.

JOHN IS STILL WITH THERE, i TALKED WITH THE NURSING STATION THIS MORNING.

Did not try to speak to John as it is early and at least a week before any can get over to see him.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

It's good to know John is still among us. I was thinking the worst. I sure feel better now. I'll try to send him a card shortly. Thanks for the information & contact information. ......Paul H

Tags: