Good smells on the farm

Started by sakorick, May 10, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The Black Locust are in full bloom and there is nothing sweeter on Earth. This is one of my favorite trees. First, It has a MBTU(million BTU) rating of 23.2/cord which ties it for 8th place on the Sweep's chart. It is also easy to start,  burns very slow in the wood stove and it leaves almost zero ash! Second, the Black Locust blooms this time each year and makes the whole farm smell sweet. Third, Quail eat their seeds....what a great plant! These trees grow in colonies and I have a monster in the ditch straight West of the house. I jumped on my new-old 4 wheeler and took some pics. The last picture is the monster.....about 90 feet tall.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Great pics! I took some seeds home with me the last time I was there. Trouble is, I can't find 'em! Nothing new there!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;147782Great pics! I took some seeds home with me the last time I was there. Trouble is, I can't find 'em! Nothing new there!

Paul
I'll have some for you this November. I'll get them from Monster.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Tree makes a nice bonsai too!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I DID NOT MENTION THAT TO HIM, RICK!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Is there a problem with bonsai???
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Rick called, and asked me what I would do with seeds since these probably won't grow in Alaska. I said "bonsai".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

aha, all becomes clear!

I am quite proficient at killing bonsai along with any other plants....
Turvey Stalking

Tags: