Visiting Kombi1976

Started by Jorge in Oz, May 08, 2017, 05:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

Hi Guys,

My family and I recently had a great driving holiday to Queensland. We covered 5,100 kilometers and got to catch up with many friends and family.

On our way home we popped in and stayed the night with Andy (Kombi1976) and his wonderful wife, Catriona and their lovely 7 children. My kids Lily and Jesse thought they were in kids' heaven having so many kids to play with. They thoroughly enjoyed their time there and wanted to stay longer.

As a treat, before I headed on the last leg home, Andy said I couldn't leave without a visit to the range so we headed out at 8:00am the next morning to the range.

He brought along an assortment of rifles to shoot from 22LRs to a 450/400 Nitro Express. It was a lot of fun but my marksman skills left much to be desired considering it had been about 18 months since I had fired a rifle as I had been completing a full year discipling course through my church in 2016 and this year had started very busy with work and home life. Also being the last leg of the trip I was pretty tired. Still excuses aside I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Andy.

The highlight of my time there was shooting the Ruger No.1 in 450/400 Nitro. Awesome rifle.

Here are some pics from the range visit.

Here is Andy and I. Andy is holdin a Martini Enfield in 303 and I have the Ruger No.1

[ATTACH]14916[/ATTACH]

Here is Andy's target with the Ruger No.1 in 450/400 Nitro with full loads. Great group at 100 meters

[ATTACH]14917[/ATTACH]

Thank you Andy for your great hospitality and fun times. Great family to know. we felt very blessed.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

recoil junky

Hope you said HOWDY MATE for us all.

Looks like you had a great time on holiday to boot!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Sheesh! You guys look like Australians!

Glad to hear you got in some good-time visiting!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Except you can't see my Yosemite Sam T-Shirt in that shot. That was supposed to be a tribute to our American friends  :)
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

I agree with Paul....you guys look eggzactly like Australians!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Yosemite Sam! One of my all-time favorite cartoon characters! Imagine that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: gitano;147775Yosemite Sam! One of my all-time favorite cartoon characters! Imagine that.

Paul

Me too loved Yosemite Sam. They don't show him here in Oz anymore. Not politically correct. What a crock.

gitano

Same here: "Banned" for being "too violent".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;147770Hi Guys,

My family and I recently had a great driving holiday to Queensland. We covered 5,100 kilometers and got to catch up with many friends and family.

On our way home we popped in and stayed the night with Andy (Kombi1976) and his wonderful wife, Catriona and their lovely 7 children. My kids Lily and Jesse thought they were in kids' heaven having so many kids to play with. They thoroughly enjoyed their time there and wanted to stay longer.

As a treat, before I headed on the last leg home, Andy said I couldn't leave without a visit to the range so we headed out at 8:00am the next morning to the range.

He brought along an assortment of rifles to shoot from 22LRs to a 450/400 Nitro Express. It was a lot of fun but my marksman skills left much to be desired considering it had been about 18 months since I had fired a rifle as I had been completing a full year discipling course through my church in 2016 and this year had started very busy with work and home life. Also being the last leg of the trip I was pretty tired. Still excuses aside I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Andy.

The highlight of my time there was shooting the Ruger No.1 in 450/400 Nitro. Awesome rifle.

Here are some pics from the range visit.

Here is Andy and I. Andy is holdin a Martini Enfield in 303 and I have the Ruger No.1

[ATTACH]14916[/ATTACH]

Here is Andy's target with the Ruger No.1 in 450/400 Nitro with full loads. Great group at 100 meters

[ATTACH]14917[/ATTACH]

Thank you Andy for your great hospitality and fun times. Great family to know. we felt very blessed.

Cheers

Jorge

Great stuff! I was thinking about Kombi not that long ago. I read the thread he did on that old Mauser (7x57? 8x57?) he worked on a few years ago. I miss his presence here. He always had something going on.

I can't see your photos Jorge - would love email copies if you have the time.

Sounds like you have been busy with your discipline course.

Marcus

Tags: