Nice Mosin Nagant 7.62

Started by sakorick, April 07, 2017, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Must have been a Generals pistol. Never seen one better. Got this and 500 rounds of ammo for 20 ounces of bullion silver.....long story. It's a Tula too.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

"Twenty pieces of silver"...

Hmmm... Where have I heard that phrase before??? ;)

Twenty for Joseph, thirty for Jesus.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;147530"Twenty pieces of silver"...

Hmmm... Where have I heard that phrase before??? ;)

Twenty for Joseph, thirty for Jesus.

Paul

:biggthumpup:Only 2 pieces......both 10 ounce bars. :drama:

gitano

Just curious - would you mic the muzzle and post what the land and groove diameters are, please?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Nice. I really need to pick one of those up!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;147534Just curious - would you mic the muzzle and post what the land and groove diameters are, please?

Paul

.3025 on CMP muz gauge=7.6835

gitano

I'll assume that is the bore, (land diameter), I'd bet the groove is at least 0.310" and I'm thinking more likely 0.314". None of which is a 'problem' per se. You'll just need to use 'large' bullets if you want to be able to hit the broad side of a barn with it. Of course "precision" and "pistol" are two words I rarely ever put in the same sentence. BUT... I MUST SAY THE FOLLOWING:

I had a brand spanking new M44. I listened to all of the internet experts that said that .308 bullets would be "just fine". Obviously, their idea of "just fine" and my idea of "just fine" are entirely different. I couldn't keep those bullets on a 4-ft x 2-ft sheet of sheet-rock - AT FORTY YARDS! The pristine muzzle on that MN M-44 mic'd at 0.303" (bore) and 0.315" (groove). Those .308 caliber bullets were veritably 'rattling down the barrel'. The the down-range performance proved it.

When ya gonna shoot it?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Well if I get time today, I'll shot the thing. I got 500 rounds with the pistola.

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: post  how good she shoots, i see these all the time  around here.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

sakorick

Haven't had time to shoot the thing....very busy around here with Memorial Day, sons, daughters, Grand Kids, wives, fishing and etc etc.

Tags: