Rough for me

Started by sakorick, July 08, 2017, 09:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I have had a bad 3 weeks. I had a Squamous Cell Carcinoma removed from my leg 3 weeks ago and it was in a bad spot.....right over my right shin. It's finally starting to heal but it's been a real pain. Then last Wed morning I found a small tick on my left upper front. The tick was mostly dead as my blood kills them. When I pulled it off with tweezers, I think the head didn't make the trip. At any rate on Thursday morning I had a 5 inch football shaped rash surrounding the spot. I called the emergency room at the KC VA and reported inbound. The Doc was real nice and very pretty....very. She said it was not Spotted fever or Lymes but not taking any chances. So I started oral antibiotics Thursday night for 10 days. I also had to report to the anti coagulation clinic to adjust my Rat poison dosage and then have blood tests after the medicine to make sure my blood isn't out of whack. No big deal because I have to report to my Primary care doctor in 10 days anyway so they can draw blood then. Right now I'm feeling much better and even did some experimenting with my 300 WM this morning.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Good to see medics taking note of tick borne disease, over here when we say lymes the quacks think gin & tonic....
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

recoil junky

Glad to hear you are on the mend Rick. Them skin cancers is why I wear long pants, long sleeve shirts (or SPF50 sunscree) and a boonie. I'm a ginger so I really have to watch it.

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

branxhunter

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;148283Good to see medics taking note of tick borne disease, over here when we say lymes the quacks think gin & tonic....

Much the same over here too.

Glad to hear you are on the mend Rick. I can imagine that the wound on you shin would take some time to heal.

Marcus

gitano

I had to 'insist' on the treatment when I had a "bad" tick bite.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Glad you're doing better, Rick. Never had any problems with tick. For some reason they don't like me. Flying blood suckers love my blood for some reason. ......Paul H

Tags: