Started by gitano, May 21, 2017, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

This, from a hundred years ago!

Paul +5
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Ah, Teddy.

Paul, have you read any of his books? I have a couple and find them great reading.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

I have: Hunting Trips of a Ranchman; Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail; American Big Game Hunting; Hunting the Grisly(sic) and Other Sketches:; The Wilderness Hunter; and Outdoor Pastimes of an American Hunter. Most of them when I was in grade-school.

I like TR, but I don't agree with everything he did or said. He was 'just a man', and a bit of a show-boat politically. His worldly insight is that of any thinking man put in his position of world politics, and colored by his upbringing. His political career aside, he was a hunter after my own heart. I read "hunting" books like they were life-giving when I was young, and my attitude about hunting and the outdoors was shaped by the likes of TR (positive) and Jack O'Connor (negative) as well as many others. As you see by the list above, I have only read his hunting books.

What books of his have you read?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Ranch Life and one on his exploits in Africa. Both are quite good. The title of the one about Africa escapes me.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

awesome guy, read a few, they are hard to find in public library, i  sent to the state archives to get one to read back in the 90's ...Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

I liked TR but he was a politician. .....Paul H

sakorick

The truth is. he was way ahead of his time. He was the first champion of saving our beautiful country and the animals in it. Sure he was a politician but he did what responsible politicians do.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: sakorick;148301The truth is. he was way ahead of his time. He was the first champion of saving our beautiful country and the animals in it. Sure he was a politician but he did what responsible politicians do.

As opposed to a 'career politician' who truly are wasters of oxygen.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

I download African Game Trails on my tablet a while back.

Can't wait to start reading it after reading this thread.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: