Where's DavidLt89

Started by recoil junky, July 28, 2017, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

Has anyone seen or heard from him?

His last post was 22 March.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

He went over to the 'dark side' of the running world. :D I've seen it before. (My wife, kids, and one son-in-law are avid runners.) David has 'embraced' the world of running, and recently, bicycling as well. (Bicycling is psychologically just "faster running".) The point is: There is significant social interaction associated with those activities, and David gets all the social input he needs from that source. He spends most of his social computer time on Facebook with his running friends. (As I understand it, he has also essentially given up trapping too. Not enough time with running and biking and kids.) Running/bicycling notwithstanding, he also has a VERY full plate with his boys that are avid hockey players at least. As I understand it, he has his older boy running with him.

While most of the above is written jokingly, in the grand scheme of things, it explains why we don't see much of him around THL. He isn't 'dead', but the activities he is now most interested in - running and bicycling - aren't particularly shared by the members of THL. He's still the avid hunter and fisherman that he has always been, but those interests can't be pursued on a day to day basis like running and biking can.

And.... Anyone and everyone can always PM a THL member if they want "it" straight from the horse's mouth, as opposed to second-hand opinion.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Paul is essentially right! I spend a lot of time running and have a nice new bike, I like both. Hoping to break into the triathlon scene soon. I have not done much in the way of hunting or trapping, not for lack of want to, but all 3 boys are in hockey which is going to start up soon. Two of the boys are playing in leagues above there age group which means we have to travel further and more often.

I also have not had the "hankerin" to hunt like I used to. I guess some things change with age. BUT, I do want meat so I will make every available effort to "get some". Bear baiting starts tomorrow and I have at least 6 coming right up to my shed where I store my bait. We are allowed to set out bait tomorrow so the boys and I will be getting that done. I have two boys with some pretty itchy trigger fingers! To be honest, I am itching to shoot a bruin also!

I had a lady friend over last weekend and she was blowing up milk jugs at 100 yards free hand, until I ran out of ammo. If I am correct, I was told to load more so she could continue where she left off.

as for the trapping, ADC work really plays me out, and prices have sucked as of lately. I also have 3 marathons left to complete this year but trapping season is open. I did some scouting last weekend out back and think I will keep it close to home. I looked at beaver prices last auction and there was 100% sold with some not so bad coin. I have not lost my itch to trap, that is for sure. Just don't want to get bogged down with skinning, fleshing, and drying if I can't recoup my money.
I currently have 4 coyote pelts and 3 otter pelts sitting in my living room and have no idea what to do with them! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Thanks for the update and congratulations on the "lady friend" and a BIG shout out to the boys, hoping they skate well.

As always we are ever eager to see "bear pictures" No BARE pictures PLEASE!! :stop: Unless they are of a new rifle.

B'ar is ok tho'.

Good to see ya' buddy!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

Lady friend.

learned to open the door!

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

Quote from: davidlt89;148516Lady friend.

learned to open the door!

Photobucket now a bigtime pay site.....Their pics don't show up here or anywhere else now. Try this.....https://postimages.org/

Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

SEE DAVID!!! This what happens when you don't stay in touch with the "shadier" side of the family!!! ;)

RJ

Paul Hoskins

I had a feeling David ran away from home. .....Paul H

Tags: