JaDub went forth to the north......

Started by Hunterbug, July 25, 2017, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

To slay large fishes. I don't know the details, only that he's in Kenai. He sent me the pictures to post.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Those are nice reds! (Sockeye salmon - Oncorhynchus nerka.) Supposed to be the biggest return in years. Actually, it's right on schedule to be a big return if you're not a lying scumbag voodoo priest. In 5 years there will be a "terrible" run. And in another 5 years there will be another "great" run. But then if we really looked AT THE DATA instead of blowing smoke so we can be a voodoo PRIEST, we wouldn't be so "important" would we!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

The big question is why am I sitting here when I could be up there!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

Just got back from the trip and I`m pretty well gassed.  Historically the reds are in the Kenai by the 15th of July but this year they decided to mill about Cook Inlet for an extra week and a half.  Fishing was hard and furious for the first week but the catching just didn`t happen.  There is an old saying that goes something like this...........   You can`t catch fish where they ain`t.  Finally the ADFG closed the netters  fishing off the inlet to the river and we started to see fish the second week.  Lucky for me I was there for 3 weeks so we finally got into them.  A further trip to Seward and we really got into the silvers.  Mooching for Silvers is a hoot.  Keep the tackle size down and you`re all around the boat trying to keep up with them.  Paul, you live in awesome country. Unfortunately we just couldn`t get up your way but we were thinking about you a lot.

sakorick

gitano

Can you not see the pictures posted in the original post, Rick?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I can see then now! Cool big Reds....Yum!

JaDub

What wasn`t so kool was having a Grizzly come across the cabin yard about 15 yards away at a gallop heading for the other side of the trees. `Bout spilled my Alaskan Icy Bay pale ale. :eek: Glad I wasn`t on the menu!

Yes, it DID get my attention !!!!!       Yes it did.       Yes it did........

Tags: