Foodplot work

Started by sakorick, August 26, 2017, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I'm doing something entirely different this year. No more Corn, Beans and Cow Peas...it's all gone by deer season! So this year I decided to convert my two food plots into Greenbrowse plots. I ordered the Big Buck Brassica Mix from Welter Seed up in Iowa and mixed in 50 pounds of Sugar Beets and 50 pounds of Winter Wheat. The big buck mix has Rutmaster Brassica, Dwarf Essex Rape, Groundhog Radishes and Purple Top Turnips. I started 2 weeks ago and killed everything in my two food plots with Gly 4. Yesterday I disked then used the field cultivator then this morning disked again just 3 inches leveling the plots. I spread the seed mix around 1000 Hrs using the Big Country with whirly gig seeder. Then John came over and helped me load the harrow. We used the Honda 4 wheeler to pull the drag. John finished the little plot and I finished the 3 acre plot....done by 1400 Hrs. Now we need rain.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Rick, you have WAY too much fun!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Good to see you're getting things ready for me. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Looks good, Rick. From theb looks of the dust you could us a bit of rain. Hope it comes up good. ......Paul H

sakorick

We has .3 inches of rain today which should get germination started. The 10 day forecast is for no precip. Looks like a September drought which is rare in these parts.

sakorick

Quote from: recoil junky;148877Rick, you have WAY too much fun!!!
RJ
Well I paid for it today....My arms are all stoved up, my legs and hands hurt and I have a summer cold....I never get colds! I will sleep good tonight and my voice is coming back.

Tags: