My new IHC Garand

Started by sakorick, August 25, 2017, 05:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

A fellow collector listed a IHC M1 Garand on the CMP forums. It was an early one that dripped of DCM. He was asking $2200 and I grabbed it. Now for the good news. I ponied up the $25 dollars to have the CMP Serial Number check done. This is what I got back.... "We have researched our files and found that the Director of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM) did sell an M1 Rifle with the serial number 4551075. The sale was made September 25th, 1984 with Shipping Document Number W52H109-4199-B-474 as evidenced by the enclosed copy of the sales record. Please keep this letter along with the copy of the Sales Record as proof of provenance that the rifle originally came from the DCM program." Signed, Nancy Farlow, Serial Number Clerk, CMP. Getting proof of Authenticy is very important in these rifles as the forgers have been hard at work to scam us. So here is the rifle, an all correct International Harvester with  impeccable credentials!

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Really nice find, Rick. Looks new. Never had much use for "weapons." Especially 30 calibers. ......Paul H

JaDub

Jorge in Oz

Loved to own a Garand, if I could.

Need to get my Cat D Dealers licence so I can hold one in my hands.

All I can hold is a plastic toy version but it has to have the orange cap on the crown or it is illegal.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Nice rifle. I do want to add a Garand to my collection.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: