Varmint got the message finally.

Started by Paul Hoskins, August 20, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

I am grateful for the introduced deer species, goats, rabbits, foxes and pigs otherwise we would have nothing to hunt here in Oz.

They do cause a lot of damage to our natural habitats though so more the reason to get out there and hunt them. No bag limits at all except for hog deers here in Victoria.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

I appreciate the desire for big game animals to hunt, but in all honesty, Australia is the "poster child" for why NOT to introduce foreign species to a given habitat. That said, based on my scholastic indoctrination, it is not my understanding that the big game animals that have been introduced to OZ have posed as big a problem for the 'locals' as the small game animals (rabbits, hares, foxes, etc.) and pests (house sparrows, starlings, mynah  birds, etc.) have. It is interesting, scientifically, that no ungulates of any sort 'evolved' on the Australian continent.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

One animal  in Australia I find very unusual is the camel. It just seems odd & out of place. I don't know if they cause any problems or not. I dislike camels immensely. Rode one while in the Navy & it had an immediate dislike for me. Can't recollect where that took place. Might have been Algeria or Turkey. .......Paul H

Jorge in Oz

Ferall cats kill more native widlife than any other introduced specie. Foxes are next.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

Feral cats are bad! REALLY BAD! Kill them.

If cats wander on to my property, and I can get to a rifle quick enough, they don't wander off.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I have a new feral cat that needs removed from the gene pool, but the bloody bahstahd is bloody clever.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jorge in Oz

In Queensland we would shoot a cat on sight even if we were stalking a nice deer. It would have to go.

Tags: