bi pods........ what brand ?

Started by JaDub, September 19, 2017, 02:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Hunting the open sage country can be a challenge for sure. A challenge mitigated at least a little by the use of bipods or 'sticks'. I'm just usually in the mountains or the woods, both of which usually offer plenty of 'rests'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Glasses = fogging, Tough to get old.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: gitano;149040Just for the reason you mention, RJ, I often wondered why bipod manufacturers didn't make a 'pod that attached at the barrel/receiver joint. Of course the initial reason for being "up front" is that attachment to the sling post was easy. However, now that 'pods are "old technology", I don't see why "someone" hasn't made a 'pod capable of attaching to the rifle at the barrel/receiver joint. "Looks" CAN NOT be the reason!!!!!

Paul

Not tactical enough Paul and wouldn't sell as well. Logic doesn't come into the equation.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: sakorick;149098Glasses = fogging, Tough to get old.

Ditto on that one Rick, rain is my enemy when the specs are on.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Paul Hoskins

My eyes are foggy  any more with or without glasses. :( Don't wear glasses except to read. ......On bipods, it seems like any company making a good product jacks the price up to the obscene mark. I used to buy Unique powder for $1.95 to $2.05 a pound. A few weeks ago I bought two pounds at Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington, Ky. for the ungodly price of 30 dollars a pound. :eek: Their "brick" of small pistol primers wasn't the usual 1,000 per brick but only 500 in a brick. Another 30 dollars. I used to buy a brick of 1,000 for $7.50. Recently needed a starter foe my old John Deere garden tractor. Called the local dealer for a price on a rebuilt starter. I nearly :cens: when they told me 380 dollars for a rebuilt starter. Guess that's my fault for buying an overpriced Japanese made tractor in the first place. Bought a NEW starter off Ebay for 62 dollars for it. American made in Tenn. This country has gone nuts. ......Paul H

sakorick

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;149102My eyes are foggy  any more with or without glasses. :( Don't wear glasses except to read. ......On bipods, it seems like any company making a good product jacks the price up to the obscene mark. I used to buy Unique powder for $1.95 to $2.05 a pound. A few weeks ago I bought two pounds at Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington, Ky. for the ungodly price of 30 dollars a pound. :eek: Their "brick" of small pistol primers wasn't the usual 1,000 per brick but only 500 in a brick. Another 30 dollars. I used to buy a brick of 1,000 for $7.50. Recently needed a starter foe my old John Deere garden tractor. Called the local dealer for a price on a rebuilt starter. I nearly :cens: when they told me 380 dollars for a rebuilt starter. Guess that's my fault for buying an overpriced Japanese made tractor in the first place. Bought a NEW starter off Ebay for 62 dollars for it. American made in Tenn. This country has gone nuts. ......Paul H

Bill T.  just noticed that the Clays and International powder he just bought wasn't 1 pound but 14 ounces! He hasn't bought shotgun powder for a long time. The 14 ounces by the way is on the back of the can in small print.:greentongue:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Quote from: sakorick;149107Bill T.  just noticed that the Clays and International powder he just bought wasn't 1 pound but 14 ounces! He hasn't bought shotgun powder for a long time. The 14 ounces by the way is on the back of the can in small print.:greentongue:
THAT'S WRONG!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: