First Bird!

Started by davidlt89, October 08, 2017, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

My youngest got his first bird yesterday and he was pretty tickled. (he is 9)
I had my two youngest yesterday and we got in about 5 hours of hunting. We seen 5 birds and got shots at two. This guy connected on his second try, although the first try the bird had started running before he shot.
Big brother almost got a chance but we were a little far for the .410 initially. took our chances to see it in the woods, but did not pan out. We walked over 5 miles yesterday! all in all, they did awesome.:smiley:
gavin first bird by David LeTourneau, on Flickr
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

Absolutely sensational! :jumpingsmiley:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Fantastic David! Looks like G is a real chip off the Ol' block!

Marcus

recoil junky

Good on you David. The lad looks proud, as he should.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

Nice! I love seeing the kids get out and most importantly, having success.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Sounds like a day he will remember! After a five mile hike I bet they slept well that night!

Tags: