Deer Numbers Down

Started by recoil junky, July 24, 2017, 06:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhamr

Good to see bucks with a few years age. Hope they can survive another 2yrs and blow up into their full potential.

Hunterbug

Good to see, RJ. Now as long as they're there in October.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

AS per Elkhamr's request (and my needling) he wants to share these pictures of deer in his yard in Anaconda MT.

I like the Ramcharger!!! Wonder if it has a Hemi?

Thanks Hamr!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

From last night. They were checking out the bird feeder/anti ring neck dove attachment.

The fawns are just starting to lose their spots Paul.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Am I looking at a MOWED yard RJ ??

Elkhamr

Glad someone is still seeing deer, I think I mentioned to RJ that I haven't seen a single deer since the daily deer parade came and went last week. The weather has been in the low to mis 70s with a breeze everyday and smokey so I don't think the heat could have driven them away. Thank you for posting those pics buddy, prior years we would have had a handful of fawns with those does.

recoil junky

Quote from: JaDub;148705Am I looking at a MOWED yard RJ ??

Not in that picture, but I mowed it this morning. The lawn is so huge you know ;)

Elkhamr, I hope the deer come back in your area. Not seeing fawns now is just odd.

RJ

recoil junky

HOLY :cens:

This bruiser was on the hill North of the house last night just before dark. I didn't know I got the rest of the Three Stooges in the picture until I downloaded them just now. LUCKY shot.

HB, make sure the girls see these?

Yes, the bruiser is the same buck as in post #6.

RJ

Hunterbug

Nice! Payton is excited. She's already said that she's not shooting a doe.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Payton said that Hunter has to shoot faster and straighter than she does.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Elkhamr

Wow...that is a bruiser. Nice work RJ

recoil junky

I CAN DRIVE!! So yesterday after therapy I drove up the road to look for deer etc. No guns, but the deer don't really pay much attention to shooting anyway. I saw plenty of does and fawns but no bucks. NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO. Nope, not even a forked horn. I want to sit on the deck and really glass the sage but my deck chairs are too low to comfortably get out of yet. I know  Brutus is still hiding out either on my property or Chuck's.

Nearly a month ago I did have a run in with a bow hunter who I let hunt last year. Chuck alerted me to his activity and he was saying he had permission to hunt my place, Jim's and Kevin's. I said no, Jim died, so you evidently can talk to th dead. Maybe I should get a deputy over here and you can tell your story to them. He claimed he shot a big buck on Kevin's and was just looking for it but I knew better.

RJ

Hunterbug

Quote from: recoil junkyNearly a month ago I did have a run in with a bow hunter who I let hunt last year. Chuck alerted me to his activity and he was saying he had permission to hunt my place, Jim's and Kevin's. I said no, Jim died, so you evidently can talk to th dead. Maybe I should get a deputy over here and you can tell your story to them. He claimed he shot a big buck on Kevin's and was just looking for it but I knew better.

RJ

Even if he did, you still have to get permission from the land owner. Period. End of story. That one I got last year had been laying low since archery season then he popped up in the middle of the season. The girls and I will be up a week from Friday. We are all excited to see you and have a good time.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: