"Reference" Articles and Image Hosting

Started by gitano, October 16, 2017, 04:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Something keeps popping up saying I'm not authorized to view the post. ......Paul H

gitano

I'll look into that, Paul H. In the mean time, here is the text located at the above link:

Since Photobucket has curtailed "hosting" images to internet sites like THL, we have lost the images not only in archival threads, but also in a bunch of "reference" articles. If you created a reference article and it has only Photobucket "warnings" and no pictures, please find another image hosting site to use and replace the Photobucket links with links to a new location where your images are.

I know this is a "pain", but it is actually very important. If you need assistance finding a new image hosting site, get in touch with me and I 'll help you out.

On a side note: My Photobucket images still work. I figured out that because I am paying $10/per year for extra storage, Photobucket is still linking my images. So, one alternative to spending the time to change all your images, is spending $10 and keeping your Photobucket images "alive". I'M NOT SELLING THIS IDEA! I am only mentioning it for those that might prefer $10 instead of lots of time and effort moving their images.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Google Chrome* and Firefox have an extension available to access the ransomed photos from Photobucket.

"In the cases where former / current Photobucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, (LINK) that will display third party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pictures, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Firefox: Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

Chrome: On the top of the browser (far right of the address window)
Click on the three vertical dots (Customize and control Google Chrome),
Click "more tools"
Click "extensions"
Click "get more extensions" at the bottom of the page.
That takes you to a new page (Chrome web store).

Enter "photobucket embed fix" in the "search the store" box.
3 different options are available. First one is "Photobucket Embed Fix".
The other two will probably work just as well, your choice!
DONE!

*Opera too when using the 'Chrome Extension extension'
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

That should take care of things for most folks. Thanks, j0e_bl0ggs.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: