new project

Started by sakorick, October 07, 2017, 07:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

Nice work Rick as always.  How do you rate these model Sakos compared to the new ones Rick (and other guys). In Australia the new ones are over AU $2k but an older one in good knick can range from AU$1,200 to AU $1,800 for non-limited edition models. I guess if I just wanted a good deer rifle which one would you pick if you wanted to hunt with a Sako? I am not interested in collecting just using them and great accuracy.  Cheers Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;149416Nice work Rick as always.  How do you rate these model Sakos compared to the new ones Rick (and other guys). In Australia the new ones are over AU $2k but an older one in good knick can range from AU$1,200 to AU $1,800 for non-limited edition models. I guess if I just wanted a good deer rifle which one would you pick if you wanted to hunt with a Sako? I am not interested in collecting just using them and great accuracy.  Cheers Jorge

Jorge, In my experience they are treasures. The fit and finish on the models prior to 1982 were superb and they consistently shoot sub MOA. The Finns demonstrated their craft by manufacturing the finest Mosin Nagants ever built......they carried that over post war to develop Olympic grade small bores and then transitioned to Sporters in nearly every caliber.  Any .243 to 30-'06 would make a super deer rifle. Don't waste time on the new ones......they are inferior. I would pick a rifle made between 1962 and 1982. There was a short 4 year window, 1978-1982 that Stoeger imported them......these are beautiful rifles......then the evil empire crushed the legacy.....Berreta.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: