Federal 16 gauge Slugs

Started by gitano, December 21, 2017, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse for a little R&R yesterday. I am capable of going in there and not spending money, but yesterday was not one such occasion. SW was having a sale on all ammo, and as always, I was looking for 16 and 28 gauge 'stuff'. Usually, SW has plenty of 28 ga stuff, but not yesterday. Very little actually. Even less 16 gauge ammo. However, I found some 16 ga SLUGS, (Federal) and they were relatively cheap at only $4.25 for a box of 5. Now, I have both Remington and Federal 16 ga slugs. AND... I didn't have to get a second mortgage to purchase them.

Here's MidwayUSA's offering, with specs: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100207744/federal-power-shok-ammunition-16-gauge-2-3-4-4-5-oz-hollow-point-rifled-slug

Paul

PS - Here's the scoop on the Remington 16 ga slugs: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1002091445/remington-slugger-ammunition-16-gauge-2-3-4-4-5-oz-rifled-slug-box-of-5

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Darn good prices......like the good old days are back!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

I see little or no value in the so called "hollow points" of shotgun slugs or pellet rifle pellets since it's NOT a hollow point but just a dimple in the point. At any velocity, there is little or no expansion from a mere dimple in the nose of low speed projectiles on birds or animals. I consider it just a sales gimmick. To be effective it should be deeper than it's width.   ......Paul H

gitano

QuoteI consider it just a sales gimmick.
My exact thought, Paul. Just something for gunwriters (ptooey) to sell to their loyal followers so the ammo makers will pay the gunwriters to get the sheeple to buy their stuff.

That said, (and one's personal integrity ignored), it costs nothing for a manufacturer to put that dimple in the front of the slug, and it WILL sell to SOME people.

Money is a little like oxygen. A business can't live without it, but too much will corrode your innards.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: