Big Moose!

Started by sakorick, December 21, 2017, 02:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

My cousin sent me this. This photo was taken at Elliot Lake, Ontario Canada 2017
Yes, this is a regular size dirt road.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's an OLD internet, photoshopped picture. It's been making the rounds for AT LEAST 5 years, and maybe as long as 10. Completely fake. Sorry. Check the height of the moose with the width of the road. If it were a "normal" dirt road, it would be 10-12 feet wide from 'grass to grass'. That makes this moose about 15 feet at the withers.

Paul

PS - The first reference I found to these pictures, (without even trying), was in 2009.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

I saw this several years ago myself. Seems I remember one similar with a car driving under the moose. :eek:.......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

Speaking of driving a car under a moose brings to mind a friend in Maine who drove a car under a moose on route 16 between Rangeley & Stratton one night. Best I remember it was aa Pontiac, Firebird. Being questioned about it & being a man of few words & a dry sense of humor his comment was, "If you see their kneecaps, it's too late then." :grin: Took the top off the car but luckily Mitchell wasn't seriously hurt. :biggthumpup:.......Paul H

gitano

People die in moose/car collisions up here with some frequency. Doesn't happen every year, and I don't recall one too recently, but I personally know of a couple. About 10 years ago, the fiance' of the daughter of a good friend of mine was killed when he hit a moose.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

My friend, Mitchell was very lucky. He dropped down across the seats before the moose took the top off the car. He hit a tree after the collision. Naturally he had no control after ducking down across the seats but it saved his life. .....Paul H

gitano

I was just noticing something else 'wrong' about the original moose picture. (I "look" at pictures for similarities for a living.) Notice that the moose has EXACTLY the same posture in both pictures. Each leg is in the EXACT same position in each picture. While it is a deception, one has to 'admire' the skill required to 'turn' the image and reinsert it in the frame.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: