Finally, a few elk

Started by recoil junky, December 23, 2017, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

Usually by this time I literally have elk in my yard and I can hear them "talking" in the evening, but this year after another hard winter '16-'17 (even though the CDOW won't admit it) I fear elk numbers are down from what they were last year (2016). I should be seeing hundreds (if not thousands) in the wheat fields behind me (to the North) and at work where they pay little attention to mining activities (as I've posted pictures of before) Last night just at dusk these showed up (apologies for cell phone picture) showed up and bedded down not 50 yards from the road. There were six cows/calves.

Hunters had limited success this year as I saw very few "feet" sticking out the back of pick-ups or racks on ATV trailers. Hopefully this winter will be a mild one, but if the weather keeps up like it has been the last few days, Santy Claus will have a time finding us this year. :(

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

Nice! It's always nice to see elk. JaDub will be up there this week looking for elk.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: