New Years eve visitors

Started by Paul Hoskins, January 01, 2018, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Had a lot of company New years eve from local residents. One of the hens is the resident hen & has been visiting since summer on a regular basis. She appears to be an outcast from the herd. Usually she shows up lone but for the past week has picked up a following. Granny & her young are resident deer that visit on a daily basis. She's a fairly friendly old bag. The babies are getting big but more wary than granny. She will be 6 years old this coming spring & the present young are her 7 & 8th babies. she doesn't get around too well any more. .....The red tail hawk,"Bum" & his girlfriend are resident hawks & visit on a daily basis. He will be 12 years old this coming spring. I don't know her age but they first showed up together when he was four years old. They usually rear only one young  per year. Both are nice birds & unlike the Coopers that show up periodically, they never bothered the chickens I had. They sat & watched them at close range but never killed one. Like weasels, Cooper hawks are serial killers. of the first order. The resident skunk was here New years eve but it came home after dark & I couldn't get a picture even at 10 feet distance. .......Paul H

sakorick

Beautiful birds and great pictures!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Great pictures, Paul! Thanks a bunch for posting them!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: