CPR story

Started by Hunterbug, January 16, 2018, 06:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

A while back my family and I were interviewed for a story on CWD for Colorado Public Radio. The story finally came out today.

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/could-colorado-s-zombie-deer-disease-ever-spread-to-people
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

How did you get tapped for the story ??

Hunterbug

I was involved in a discussion about CWD in a group on Facebook and the reporter contacted me.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

A fairly even-handed report considering the source. There was nothing in the article that I would disagree with as an article/report. However, I recognize the 'attitude' of Matt Dunfee. It is classically typical of government "scientists". They review something and then superimpose THEIR PERSONAL opinions and attitudes on top of the "science". HE has decided that HE wouldn't eat meat from ANY animal without it being tested for CWD FIRST. Therefore anyone that doesn't agree with HIS PERSONAL DECISION, is - and I quote - "Absolutely wrong". Typical government "scientist".

To repeat, the 'article' appeared relatively even-handed. As such, it even revealed the biases of government scientists. However, I readily acknowledge that those that worship at the alter of the RELIGION of science, and have FAITH in what ANY AND EVERY priest of the religion of science says, will not consider Dunfee's comments "bias".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Linn County has only had 1 deer test pos for CWD up until this last season.....we had 4 test positive so far! this is not good news. I don't trust what the MDC might do. In Fillmore county Minnesota they tried to kill every single deer this past year! Of course this just doesn't work. If anyone and I mean anyone tries to set foot on my farm to kill dear I will file a court order to keep them off my ground.....if it comes to that!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

I was glad to see that it did not come out as an anti-hunting hit piece. RJ actually heard it on CPR this morning.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Rick, I think that Missouri has the advantage of coming late to the CWD game. They can look at what has been tried in other places and see what didn't work. I know that in Colorado for a while there were areas where you could buy practically unlimited doe tags to reduce the herd size to try and curb the spread of the disease. They found that didn't work.

Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

I got to hear the interview on NPR this morning. We have a celebrity in our midst now!! I thought HB  and Bug sounded like seasoned veterans of radio :toff: :toff:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

I haven't heard of any CWD cases in Kentucky in our deer or elk herds so far. Our wildlife officials keep telling us to be on the lookout for any signs of the disease & report anything that looks  suspicious. The only problem we've had to my knowledge is black tongue a few  years ago. It supposedly killed around 10% of our deer herd. Personally I don't think that would make a dent in our deer population. I know of no one ever contracting black tongue either. ......Paul H

Tags: