All is good.

Started by sakorick, February 01, 2018, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Great job recovering the system, Paul! Everything looks normal .
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Thanks, Rick, but I didn't do anything but call GoDaddy and pay them $30. Here's what happened:

Godaddy changed where the database was stored. In other words, they "moved, and didn't leave a forwarding address".

When I called and spent more than 1/2 and hour on the phone, they "found" the problem and gave me two choices: a) We'll tell you how to go and change the address and you can do it yourself, and b) You can give us $30 and we'll do it for you, but it will take up to 72 hours.

I chose option "b".

They fixed it, and we're back up and running.

I knew it wasn't a 'subscription' issue, because I renewed all the subscriptions at the first of January.

There was never any risk of loss. It was just something GoDaddy did, and I had to pay for. :mad:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Nelsdou

Thanks for your efforts Paul!

I finally found my way back. Let me know how to help keep up with the payments, I know I owe my fair share.

For a while I was wandering in the internet wilderness trying to figure out how to sign in.  Anywho, I've retired from my day job and it's time to catch up.  Sorry to hear about some good friends that have passed on during my time away from the forum, they will be sorely missed.

I am glad to be here and to get back to the basics on hunting, shooting, and swapping stories!

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

gitano

Yeehaa!

Really glad to see you back, Nels! Thought you were "lost and gone forever" (ala Clementine).

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it, for the foreseeable future things are taken care of.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Good to see THL up & working again, Paul. :D I'm almost always up between 3;30 & 4;30 AM & THL is my go to after I check the weather & separate the lies & propaganda from real news on the internet while Muffin is still sleeping. Thanks for sorting things out. O owe you. ........Paul H

Tags: