It's a Rhetorical Question...

Started by gitano, March 22, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Why do I waste my time even looking at the "internet" for reloading information?

I have a Ruger Model 44 Carbine - the progenitor of the 10/22 - and my revolver handloads (180-gr HPs doing 1400 f/s), are HORRIBLE out of it. If I was standing inside it, I'd have a hard time hitting the side of A BARN! So, I went looking for some info on handloads for .44 Rem Mag rifles, and specifically the Model 44 Ruger. GOOD GRIEF! There is just an OCEAN of KRAP being spewed 'out there'!

Periodically, I 'forget', and figure I'll wander back into the jungle. Dudn't take me long to be running as fast as I can back 'home'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Paul, it seems to be that way with just about everything these days. It seems the internet has made  everyone an "expert" on just about everything you can think of. In the firearms field before the internet it was the "written word" by the "experts." At least back then there wasn't as much or as many people that knew "everything." Most of today's information is about as useless as a milk bucket under a jack kangaroo. It's not only things related to firearms. Ninety five percent of television programs are useless too. Lies, propaganda & opinion by some know it all. ....Paul H

sakorick

It's become so bad I don't even look anymore. A "expert" on American Rifleman proved in his own mind that a 7MM-08 was a superior cartridge to the 7MM Mauser. Then he tried to convince the reader. I'm quite sure many readers actually believed his misinformation. He did mention, however that the 7MM Mauser loads were restricted to 47,000 CUP as the chance that an old M1895 with the small ring action had to be restricted. I burned the magazine.:Banghead:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

That lie
Quoteloads were restricted to 47,000 CUP as the chance that an old M1895 with the small ring action had to be restricted.
has been used by scumbag gunwriters (ptooey) ever since VE day - Tuesday, May 8th, 1945 - to sell AMERICAN firearms. (That gunwriter's (ptooey) name wasn't Dave Affleck or Bryce Towsley was it?)

There's another lie being revitalized on the gun internet by stupid, moronic, scumbag gunwriters (ptooey), their sycophants, and other ne'er-do-wells:
QuoteALL firearms weaken with age due to metal fatigue. Therefore EVERY TIME you shoot a firearm, you create cracks in the metal. These cracks add up over time and the firearm WILL, sooner or later, fail.
In other words, every time you shoot your rifle, you "use it up", and sooner or later it will become a BOMB, killing you and everyone around you. The PURPOSE of telling that lie is to get people to BUY NEW GUNS because the "old" ones are "dangerous". I wish I could get face-to-face with some of these morons and dress them down publicly.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Most M1 Garands had so many rounds through them they had their 3rd barrel on them when finally put in war reserve. That is somewhere around 75,000 rounds. I wonder why we didn't kill 1/2 the basic training soldiers!!!:nana:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

QuoteI wonder why we didn't kill 1/2 the basic training soldiers!!!
Another rhetorical question.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: