New spring visitor

Started by Paul Hoskins, April 23, 2018, 12:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

This little fellow showed up today. Yellow throated warbler  ....Dendroica Dominica.....A warm weather bird. He's  in for a surprise. Sharp looking little dude with racing stripes on his sides. ........Paul H

sakorick

Another reason to believe in God. What a beautiful creation he is and a great picture too! Have you tamed all the birds around your place and if so, how did you do it?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Cool!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, I haven't tamed any birds. I posted a thread recently about developing a relationship with nature. It's not only just bees you can develop a relationship with. You can develop a relationship with most things in nature by association. Once you do that & they realize you mean them no harm they become rather trusting & docile. You can't touch them usually but they do become relatively friendly. Granny, the old doe isn't afraid of me or  Muffin but she won't allow us too close. She teaches her young not to trust us too. If she's out there eating & I go out to take her more corn she walks down in the neighbor's back yard & waits till I dump the corn & start walking back toward the house. Then she comes back to finish her meal but keeps a wary eye on me. If we're sitting on the back porch drinking coffee & chatting, she will come within 30 feet & eat. She will not tolerate strangers. Invading any bird or animal's space in a threatening manner is a no no. Staring at  any bird or animal is also verboten. The old redtail hawk & his missus are pretty much the same way. Incidentally, he is 12 years old this spring. :MOGRIN: ......Paul H

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: