Hornady

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), April 30, 2018, 01:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

By Dan Zimmerman via TTAG
 We recently noted the thinly-veiled threat that New York State comptroller Thomas J. DiNapoli made when  he sent a friendly letter to most of the nation's largest financial  institutions. In it, he hinted — wink, wink — that it could be bad for  their business if they continue to facilitate transactions that involve  firearms and related products.
    DiNapoli suggested that these companies should consider  whether gun transactions should be classified with restricted high-risk  purchases like ****ography, illicit drugs, and crypto-currencies.  "If  gun violence continues unabated in society," he wrote, "public outcry ...  may grow and create significant financial risk for the company."
 DiNapoli happens to control over $200 billion in New York state  pension funds. And gosh, it'd be a real shame to lose some of that juicy  business just because a bank happens to also process credit card  transactions for, say, Brownells, Midway USA or your local gun store.

courtesy politico.com

The clear implication of DiNapoi's letter wasn't lost on its  recipients at Visa, MasterCard, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells  Fargo, American Express, Discover Financial Services, and others.
   We weren't the only ones who were gobsmacked by the Empire State's brazen strong-arm tactics. Nebraska-based Hornady Manufacturing,  makers of premium ammunition like Critical Defense, Critical Duty and  Superformance Match, among others, has decided that after that  disgusting display, they won't be doing any business with the state's  law enforcement agencies.
 They issued the following press release earlier this week.
    Today, the State of New York did one of the most  despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks,  financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business  with the gun and ammo industry.
 While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not  knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the State of NY or any NY  agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and  we won't be associated with a government that acts like that. They  should be ashamed.
 -Steve Hornady, president of Hornady Manufacturing Company
 What would happen if more ammo manufacturers, accessory makers and  even gun companies decided that they choose not to aid and abet this  kind of intimidation by one of their large government customers?
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Sneaky back door politics. At first glance at the picture I thought, Geez, it's Obama again. Sure sounds like him.    .......Paul H

sakorick

Good on Steve Hornady. This guy DiNapoli is a menace to freedom in America. The devil works in strange ways.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

AMAZING act of bravery by Hornady. Kind of hard to believe. I'm going to have to look into this more.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Rick and I just called and spoke with a person at Hornady, and they verified that the above, and specifically the letter from Hornady, was in fact "real".

It is my opinion, that "we'all" should not only support Hornady, but also 'encourage' other manufacturers of firearms materiel, to follow Hornady's courageous lead.

I would encourage "you" to pass the word.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: