11 and 8

Started by sakorick, May 05, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

When you have two grandsons 11 and 8 who both love to fish and catch their supper, you need one of these kits. This kit(along with a tube of super glue)  has saved PaPa Rick hundreds of dollars!:biggthumpup:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, I can't see very good but it looks like an assortment of pins & screws to me. Things like that come in handy if you have grand kids or not. ........Paul H

sakorick

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;150762Rick, I can't see very good but it looks like an assortment of pins & screws to me. Things like that come in handy if you have grand kids or not. ........Paul H

Fishing rod tips!:eek:

Bill Thibeault

A good kit to have!  I have several rods that are a lot shorter now than when new, courtesy of grandchildren.  I bought new rod tips/guides one at a time, and the only place that stocks such items is an hour's drive away.  Where did you get the kit, Rick?  It's probably cheaper than one round trip to replace one rod tip.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

gitano

Paul - I had to look "long and hard" at that picture before I recognized the contents. I thought it was "just me".:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Speaking of broken fishing rods...

Long ago and far away, Shakespeare's "Ugly Stiks" were guaranteed "for life". That was ONE reason I liked them so much. Then, about 20 years ago (I don't remember exactly how long ago it was), they decided 'against that'. Troof is, the Ugly Stik is tough to beat for a spinning rod. Of course, in this era of "artisan" this and that, and "boutique" this and that, there would be lots that would argue that point with me.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;150764A good kit to have!  I have several rods that are a lot shorter now than when new, courtesy of grandchildren.  I bought new rod tips/guides one at a time, and the only place that stocks such items is an hour's drive away.  Where did you get the kit, Rick?  It's probably cheaper than one round trip to replace one rod tip.

Amazon for 15 bones free shipping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014R18NZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hunterbug

I knew what they were because I've to use them. Good to have around.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Jorge in Oz

I knew what they were as I just replaced two earlier this year that were rusted and had snapped. They were the rods we used when we lived in Queensland, very close to the ocean and it was also a humid place.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: