Elk Graveyard?

Started by recoil junky, July 06, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

We've all heard of the mythical "Elephant Graveyard" right? Well maybe I've stumbled onto something here.

I had stopped to admire the far flung beauty in the high desert that is Northwest Colorado when I was "pulled" in a southwesterly direction. The wind was blowing eerily through the Pinions and Junipers as I was taken back to a Louis La"Amour book titled "Haunted Mesa" and felt I had found such a place. On the way to where I took the picture I encountered an old and well blackened small fire ring that had seen many uses but not in recent times. INJUNS !! (no offense) I immediately started looking for arrowheads . . . . eyes on the ground I slowly walked to the edge of a small ravine when . . . :eek:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

WOW! I wonder if it was a herd that was huddled together in a storm and struck by lightning or a winter kill?
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Quote from: Hunterbug;151096WOW! I wonder if it was a herd that was huddled together in a storm and struck by lightning or a winter kill?

Just what I was thinking. Or maybe a "killing field" of some "persons". Those bones are not likely much more than 10 years old. I see little sign of lichen or moss growing on them. If they were "really" old, they'd look different.

VERY COOL find!

Paul

PS - You know that if this was a 'natural' kill, the buzzards and coyotes had a field day!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Did you notify your local Warden?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jamie.270

There's at least two trees in that photo that look like they may have been the victims of a lightning strike.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Paul Hoskins

Really strange. Graveyard or killing field? What a waste. Strange things do happen. ......Paul H

JaDub

RJ,

You SURE those aren`t the remains of mine employees that were worked to death ??

recoil junky

Quote from: JaDub;151102RJ,

You SURE those aren`t the remains of mine employees that were worked to death ??

:iloveyou:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: