Mayhem & destruction in the night

Started by Paul Hoskins, July 14, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Muffin & I planted two short rows of sweet corn this spring just to have a few ears of corn to eat & make corn relish. Some of it didn't come up. Too wet & cold I suppose. What did come up was looking pretty good till a few nights ago when a coon got in it & tore several stalks down & messed up the ears. I set a cage trap & caught a big coon. I "relocated" it but didn't set the trap back. I thought that would be the end of it. WRONG!!!!! Night before last more varmints tore down around 25-35% of the corn. $#@^%$#ELL&%#    I suspected a sow & kittens did it. Happy Friday 13th. I set 4 cage traps & this morning I had two big coons but they tore down more corn before they got in the traps. I "relocated" them too. The deer & turkey are here almost every day & NEVER destroy anything. Granny & the hen both get in the garden but never bother anything more than a few bean leaves which I'm glad to get rid of. Muffin & I pulled the beans up & canned them this week. Looking like we can forget the corn. .......Paul H

sakorick

Bummer! The wabbits got into my Onion tops I saved about 5 of them.:lipsrsealed:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

"Relocated"??? I'd be wearing a coonskin coat!

Nice garden as usual, Paul.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, the garden is a bummer this year. Got 33 quarts of beans this year from 3 1/2 short rows. Got 74 quarts from three rows last year. The coons have destroyed at least half the corn & it's not even ready to pull yet. My "RELOCATED" coons WILL NOT be back. :grin:......Paul H

JaDub

Relocated……… yeah-right.  I always heard they made good fertilizer .  8-)

Paul Hoskins

Well, I thought my problem was solved after getting rid of three big varmints but they hit the corn again last night. Now they've destroyed over half of it. Life sucks sometimes. :Banghead::angry:......Paul H

Tags: