Varmints everywhere

Started by Paul Hoskins, July 19, 2018, 06:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

I have all sorts of critters hanging around the house. Granny & her offspring from last year are daily visitors. The squirrels & rabbits are here all the time. Coons have destroyed the corn in the garden. Rabbits & groundhogs were into picking beans till Muffin & I pulled the beans up & canned them. I wasn't aware of the groundhog till Muffin spotted it at the back of the garden. I got the Rossi SS break open youth model 17 HRM out but it has an old 1950's Weaver K4 scope on it & I can't see the fine crosshairs very well  any more. I missed twice. Got the Savage model 93R17 out. It is also a 17HRM but has a Tasco 4 to 12 power scope with duplex crosshairs. When the young groundhog came out again I popped it thru the ribs first shot. Killed it so quick it didn't even have time to close it's eyes. None of the varmints irritate me except the coons. They really jack my blood pressure up. In fact you could operate a back hoe or log splitter on my BP just thinking about coons. The outcast turkey hangs out with granny most of the time. I suppose she knows four eyes & ears are better than two. Granny brought her new babies to my side of the RR tracks a few days ago & hid them in the weeds in the vacant lots south of me about 150 yards. That way she can eat what I put out for her & be close to them. Have to keep the back porch gate closed to keep the turkey out. Granny isn't bad for plundering things. She filches a few green tomatoes but that's not bad. The squirrels snack on granny's corn & bird food but seldom bother anything else. ......Paul H

gitano

That's quite the menagerie you have there, Paul!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: