Odd & unusal

Started by Paul Hoskins, August 02, 2018, 04:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

From time to time I see odd & unusual things around the back yard. One can see things like these most anywhere if they're observant I suppose. Obviously the turkey with a beard is a hen. The camo. moth is difficult to see sitting on a geode. I don't know what brand it is in Latin or English & don't care. The hummer is a ruby throated hummer but looks like a girl but acts like a boy. The throat patch id black instead of ruby red. It has a white collar like most males but it's not as distinguished as most male hummers. It is even tempered & not a bit prejuiced. ??? It stays mad & hates everything. Meaner than a tomcat on Sterno. Beats all the other hummers up. Glares at me like it wants a piece of me too. .......Paul H

sakorick

That Turkey is either missing something or has too much of stuff! I love those big moths. The hummers are, one very old and a juvenile I think.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, I'm pretty sure the hummer is neither old or a juvenile. More likely been into the same stuff as the hen with a beard. "It" even beats up the big dominant males.  ......Paul H

Tags: