Granny's new babies

Started by Paul Hoskins, July 20, 2018, 11:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Earlier this week granny brought her new babies to my side of the RR tracks & hid them in the weeds down in a neighbors vacant lot. A few minutes later she came back home for a snack. This afternoon after several downpours of rain & things quieted down the babies sneaked away from her & came up in the back yard by the feed bowls acting silly as baby deer often do. They played in the sand of the next door neighbors volley ball court. From there they came up to the feed  bowls in the back yard just noseying around. Granny must have woke up & missed them. She tracked them down with a serious look on her face. When she spotted them I'm sure she had a serious conversation with them. She headed back to the weed patch where they were supposed to be. One obiedently followed her but the other, which I suspect is a boy, had other ideas but finally started following. A few minutes after they got back in the weeds & brush, we had another severe T storm with blinding rain & wind along with almost total darkness. .....These two little ones make 11 babies granny has had in 6 years. Hope they make it. .......Paul H

branxhunter

Terrific set of photos Paul. Sounds like you have quite a soft spot for a Granny.

Marcus

gitano

Hmmm... I made a post to this thread and it went into the 'ether'.

My comment was: Quite a menagerie you have there, Paul.

Paul

PS - Apparently it didn't "go into the ether". I posted it on your "Varmints everywhere" thread. That's OK. It' appropriate for this thread too.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

A little update on the babies. They're doing good & growing. Been eating shelled corn for a while now. Like all granny's babies before, they're into everything around the house. Especially the boy. He plunders all over the place, especially where he's not wanted. Likes to ho out front by the highway & watch cars & trucks go by. Likes getting in Muffin's flower beds & pruning the flowers. Loves using my new turnip patch for a drag strip & practicing his jackrabbit starts & stops. Regular little jerk for the most part. Granny is constantly having serious conversations with him. Poor granny. I would guess he weighs 50% more than his little sister. They like to come in for a snack of corn, pick a few green tomatoes for dessert & lay in the shade of the apple tree to rest while granny has something to eat. ........Paul H  ......They also share the corn with rabbits & squirrels.  ....PH

Tags: