Colorado antelope

Started by JaDub, October 06, 2018, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

My last deer came at 150 yards.  I saw  a DANDY buck but my legs weren't ready to go that far away and certainly not the least important was getting him out.  I`d figure on up to 200 yards in Kremmling next week.

gitano

100, 140-grain, 7mm, Nosler Accubond bullets and one pound of Hodgdon Retumbo powder = $104. Not likin' the Nosler bullets very much. And that total included a 5% Vet discount. I'll explain the Retumbo later.

200 and thereabouts is a 'piece o' cake' with the 115.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

I'll share this image here and then start another thread in "Reloading".

Like I said, this was my first wildcat. Plus, after my .270 Win was stolen, my next big game rifle was a 7mm Rem Mag. Plus... I built a 7x57 Mauser for my wife. So... I have most, but not all, of the 7mm bullets that were available back in the 70s and 80s. You can even see a box of Barnes' in there, but I got rid of the Barnes 195s. The twist of the factory 7mm Rem Mag could not stabilize that pencil. When I got my .338 Win Mag, I essentially quit reloading for my 7mms except for the occasional 7x57, or some experiment I was conducting.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

JaDub loved the liver.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: