Three Stents

Started by gitano, August 31, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Paul, glad you're on the uptick. You can put the honey in your coffee. I see nothing wrong with cream or milk in coffee either but I just never liked it. I suppose vinegar is one of the most vile tasting liquids known to man short of sulphuric acid but most "pickled" things like peppers & cucumbers taste pretty good & the "juice" is vinegar. Especially "bread & butter" pickles have a good taste. One thing I really like is the "juice" from pickled hot peppers. My heart & family doctors wonder how I'm doing so good but they don't agree with my honey & vinegar theory. They're in their 50's, I'm in my 80's & look better than they do. My BP & cholesterol are fine too. ......Paul H

gitano

Quote from: SakorickEvery month I take a blood test to check my numbers.
THAT IS THE KEY! I'm going to insist on that!

Quote from: SakorickHowever one of the side effects of Simvastatin is memory loss! Simvastatin can also cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure. This is happening to me!
That's my concern. All of the cholesterol reducing drugs that I have read about have those (some have more), side effects. Personally, I think (and in fact I should write "know") that "cholesterol" is a boogey man created by Big Pharma. Cholesterol didn't cause my problems. Sugar and inactivity caused my problems. In fact, "cholesterol", unless one has GENETICALLY REALLY HIGH NUMBERS, is not a "problem" for ANYONE. The PROBLEM was the POISON of "trans fats" that the MEDICAL PROFESSION foisted on the whole Western Civilization for about 70 years, and NOW "all of a sudden" the same MEDICAL PROFESSION tells us FINALLY that it is SO BAD that it is now being BANNED! "Hydrogenated" oils - the "cure" for "cholesterol" according to the medical professionals SINCE THE '50s, IS PLASTIC. That @#$%^&* is the "stuff" that gets in your arteries and NEVER LEAVES because the half-life is measured in DECADES.

Anyway, living with the "necessary evils" and the "inevitable" is our lot in life as we age. It's better than a dirt blanket. Still, it'd be nice to believe that the medical PROFESSIONALS cared a little more about "the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure" and other "inconveniences" than selling drugs.

I really have no interest in belaboring this point. It's foolish to 1) waste energy on things one can't change, and 2) focusing on the negative. I'm not a "rose-colored glasses" kind of guy, but focusing on the negative is always counterproductive. I simply have to find the best way forward that I can find.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Glad you`ve got your priorities straight.  Colorado is waiting for you buddy !!!

gitano

Got the final bill for the "heart stuff" - $195,000 - not including prescriptions. If I had had the procedure performed in Seattle it probably would have cost half as much. Now I have to wrestle with the VA and the insurance companies over who pays how much. At this point, "they" say I owe $78,000. At least it's down $117,000 from the $195k! That's a good start. ;) The first volley was fired yesterday when the Alaska Heart Institute called me to tell me that they had no "authorization paperwork" from the VA to perform the procedure, and that my retirement insurance was refusing to pay. The MOST annoying part is that in the end, they KNOW they are going to have to pay. This is just a 'dance' to determine who can wiggle out of the most responsibility.

My deer hunt in Colorado was 'good' in the context of my heart-related issues. (Hunting-wise, I didn't shoot one though.) Every morning and evening started with a climb of a few hundred feet up a steep hill, (starting at about 8,000 above sea-level), followed by continued climbing and walking for the next couple of hours. While I was "the slow one", there were no issues other than being out of breath, and as the hunt wore on and I got into better shape, the "out of breath" got better too. Also, I didn't even think about my knees - one with torn meniscus, and the other prone to swelling for some as-yet-undetermined reason. I didn't have any problems with them until 5 days into the hunt, and then I only 'noticed' them - no real problems or pain.

So, I'm pretty pleased with my general physical condition at this point. (Now that I've put that in writing, I'll probably have a heart attack today when I snow-blow the drive.) I feel confident in upping my 'game' on the treadmill. I can assure you that what I was actually doing in Colorado on a daily basis, was significantly more 'vigorous' than my pre-hunt regimen on my treadmill!

When I get a chance, I'll post the story on the hunt. 4 out of 5 tags were filled, and there are plenty of pictures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Great to hear you coped physically with the challenges in Colorado.

Can't wait to hear about the hunt.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Hunterbug

Quote from: Jorge in OzGreat to hear you coped physically with the challenges in Colorado.

Can't wait to hear about the hunt.

I made it a point to set a pace that wouldn't kill him. I knew that I'd have to field dress him to get him out. :laugh:
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Jorge in Oz

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Paul Hoskins

Looking forward for the hunt details. Paul. I'm glad you didn't have any physical problems. High altitudes get me down for a couple days till I get used to the thin oxygen content but I'm fine once that takes place. ......I'm not very  well "educated" on the human body but it's something like a piece of machinery. Parts get worn out or break. The circulatory system reminds me of a hydraulic system. If the BP is too high & one of the  "hoses" gets weak or obstructed something is gonna give out. If the "hose" is  obstructed the pump has to work harder & it may give out. Thinning oil in a  hydraulic system will help "some" but doesn't take care of the  problem. A new hose is the solution in a case like this. The medications I'm taking help but not a cure after the heart attack I had. All three of them cause dizzy spells & light headiness if I move suddenly. They also make me tired & sleepy. I have little energy any more but still get up every morning between 3;30 & 4;30 for no reason other than a lifelong habit. ......Paul H

gitano

Quote from: Paul Hoskinsstill get up every morning between 3;30 & 4;30 for no reason other than a lifelong habit

I get up between 4:30 and 5:00 "for no other reason than lifelong habit".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;151893I get up between 4:30 and 5:00 "for no other reason than lifelong habit".

Paul
Me 3.

But it's the worst during the fall, when the smell of hunting is in the air.
I can doze back off occasionally in the dead of winter, but not in the fall.

I always told the kids,...
"Get up early and enjoy the morning, before some jackazz has a chance to come along and ruin your day."

:MOGRIN:
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Hunterbug

Quote from: Paul HoskinsLooking forward for the hunt details. ....Paul H

I'm waiting for Paul to post about the hunt. He is a better story teller than I am.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Nelsdou

I've been gone too long but glad to see Paul that you are on the mend! Stay aggressive with those medical "professionals" on over-prescribing drugs, it is quite a racket.

Looking forward to the field adventure stories!

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

gitano

Good to see you back, Nels!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: