Visitors in the night

Started by Paul Hoskins, November 12, 2018, 07:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

The whitetail season opened the 10th of November but the rut seems to be slow this fall. Apparently it's just getting started now. Several weeks ago I aw tracks of a big buck around the turnip patch. I feed the deer in the back yard year round & seldom see a buck. Old granny & her young are here every day & sometimes several times a day. .....Saturday morning, opening day, at 7;05 AM a HUGE buck came in. I tried taking a picture but it was too dark for the camera to focus. I kept expecting my next door neighbor to shoot but nothing happened. I decided to shoot it myself but the brute walked across the back lawn 50 feet from the back door & over to the neighbor's house on the other side of mine. Too dangerous for a shot. Next morning a lesser but nice buck showed up at 7;30. Still pretty dark but I did  get one picture. The  scoundrel wouldn't walk in front of the trail camera I set up. Lots of pictures of granny & one of her little ones. Nothing out there this morning but they came in a couple hours before daylight. Three different bucks in less than an hour. One is a decent looking varmint. Appears to be a 10 pointer but definitely not the one that came by on opening day. He had at least 12 points & probably more. Longer tines too. The does are granny & her little girl. The old bag turned 6 years old in June & has produced 9 babies.    .......Paul H

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

ArnoldGam

9 babies in 6 years? Not bad at all. Nice pics btw, Paul. Which trail camera are you using?
You will get great value with these tig welders for your money.

gitano

Great pics! Thanks for posting, Paul.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Arnold, welcome to THL. First time I've seen you on here. ......The trail cam is a Bushnell. It's a compact model I bought at ****'s Sporting Goods several years ago. I no longer patronize ****'s Sporting Goods because of their negative political activity toward the firearms industry & the fact they no longer sell reloading components in our local store.  :frown ......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

Well, maybe I should have called it "Richard's " Sporting Goods. Regardless, it's aptly named. ........Paul H

gitano

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;151973Well, maybe I should have called it "Richard's " Sporting Goods. Regardless, it's aptly named. ........Paul H
Yup.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: