New (to me) toy

Started by Paul Hoskins, April 20, 2019, 06:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Always wanted a small Kubots lawn & garden tractor but couldn't see paying ten thousand dollars or more for one that only gets used in summer and sits for six monthe out of the year. Even a 20 year old one will set you back 6 to 12 thousand dollars. I heard thru the grape vine about a fellow that was thinking about selling a model Bx223 he had. Finally got in touch with him. Only 20 miles from my house. Went down Thursday & looked at it. Yesterday I brought it home. It has all sorts of knobs, switched, buttons, levers to play with. Power steering, two speed axle, hydraulic transmission, 3 point hitch, 540 RPM rear takeoff, 60 inch mower deck and front loader. It also has 4WD and cutout for the front wheel drive so it's a 2WD. It has a 22 HP Kubota diesel engine. Runs like the proverbial sewing machine. Has around 1000 hours on the meter. I wasn't looking for one with a front loader but it had it and for 3 thousand dollars total it was icing on the cake.     .......Paul H

sakorick

That's a beauty! Now look for a tiller for it and your veg garden becomes a 20 minute job. I think you stole that machine!:biggthumpup:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

rockinbbar

You done good!

You will also be VERY glad it has a front end loader. You'll use it much more than you think you will! :)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

gitano

Great! Wish I could get one for that price!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Thanks, guy's. I thought it was a steal too. I think it's a 2005 year model. IF it ever quits raining here I'll check it out & figure out all the knobs, switches, levers to see where the cobs come out. I'm not familiar with this newfangled stuff. To me it's altogether different than a mule and sled.  :huh:   Trying to find an owners manual for it. News at 11. .......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

Here ya go, Rick. Bought this tiller Friday. Have to assemble some of the parts. It's a bit big for the horsepower but should work. The book says 20 or  more  HP for the tiller. The book for the Kubota says it has 18.7 HP at the power  takeoff shaft. That's marginal power for the tiller but I have plenty of time. I don't get in a hurry much any more. .......Paul H

sakorick

Two things I have learned about power tillers. If you have a disc it will make the tilling way faster and give you an overall better bed. If you don't, not to worry just go slow and once first round is done then do round two at a 90 degree angle. Then let the canning begin!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Thanks for  the tip, Rick. I'm already familiar with that procedure. Hoping to get it assembled soon. Dratted rain has been a real bummer this spring. I tilled  up a strip with the Troybilt a few days ago. Set out 48 tomato plants before breakfast yesterday morning. Just in time for more rain yesterday evening.:D  .......Paul H

Tags: