Put my dog down today

Started by gitano, September 12, 2019, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

It's always tougher than I think it's going to be. It was the first time I have used a vet to do it. On one hand, it was probably better for the dog, but on the other, it was a lot harder on me because it took so long. The better part of 45 minutes for the 'whole thing'.

14 years ago...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Paul, I know the feeling. It's much like losing a family member. Been thru it several times. I'll never have to do it again. no more house pets for me. I'm sticking with my wildlife pets any more. I miss them too.   ......Paul H

gitano

Gonna have to resist the temptation to get another one.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

So sorry to hear Paul. Very hard to lose such loyal friends.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

branxhunter

Feeling for you Paul, it is one of the worst decisions and actions I have ever had to take.

Even putting down a relatively mediocre sheep killing kelpie working dog (not really an asset on a sheep farm) that I had no bond with whatsoever was surprisingly difficult.

Marcus

gitano

"was surprisingly difficult."

With 'surprisingly' being the key word. Just how difficult it was.

Thanks to everyone for your condolences.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: