Odd & unusual behavior

Started by Paul Hoskins, January 20, 2020, 06:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

I recently bought a cheapie Tasco trail camera. It's one of those $29.95 jobs but it works good enough. More than I can say for the new $97.95 Bushnell I recently bought. Anyway, I set it up on the corn bowl in the back yard yesterday evening just to see what was coming in at night. There was the 4 or 5 usual does and little fork horn. The little buck was alone by the corn bowl & looked around at something behind him. A larger buck moved in and the  fork horn moved out but didn't leave. In fact he came back almost nose to nose with the bigger one. I thought there would be a rumble for sure but apparently not. Check out the sequence & time of the pictures & what took place. ......Paul H  ........I can;t see good enough to get the pictures in  order. Anyway, you can get an idea of what took place. Going blind sucks. Don't do it.   ......PH.....

Paul Hoskins

Rested my eyes a bit & found more of the sequence of pictures. .....Paul H

sakorick

That nice 10 point is going to be a stud next year!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Apparently the rut is over around here. Last night the 10 pointer stud & a couple more bucks shared the corn bowl with no apparent hostility toward each other. The 10 point & an 8 pointer took turns eating and took turns shooing lesser bucks & does away  till they ate what they wanted & left. Like Paul & Rick said, the 10 pointer is gonna be a brute next year. He already has a lot of talent on his head. I suspect his pappy is the huge 13 pointer that hung around in 2016. I've noticed a LOT of the younger bucks in the neighborhood have his features where head ornaments are concerned. I'm guessing he passed his genes around a lot while he was here. Obviously his rack wasn't the only talent he had.  I'm glad to see impressive looking  bucks now instead of mediocre stuff........Paul H.....I don't know how that old white haired buck got in there. ....PH....

gitano

I like pictures #55 and 19. Makes you wanna lasso that rascal and keep him tied up until next hunting season!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: