Groundhog Day

Started by Paul Hoskins, February 02, 2020, 02:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Happy groundhog day. At least 6 more weeks of winter remaining unless it turns out like last winter around here. We had snow in May. Groundhog day is a holiday for rednecks along with the first day of squirrel season & a few more special days. ......I read something in the news a couple days ago that PETA wants the Pennsylvania groundhog replaced with a robot. Just more of their stupidity. They even claim mouse traps are inhumane. It's ok to use "glue strips" and poison  but not traps. Both glue strips & poison are dangerous for children & pets. .....Figure that one out & enlighten me. ......Paul H

sakorick

I wonder what the odds are of the groundhog actually being right?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

You can find out the level of Punxatawnwy Phil's predictive acumen here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil#Predictive_accuracy

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

No matter how you look at it Phil  is about like our local weather monkeys. Even the National Weather Service in Wilmington, Ohio can't even get close. They'll say temp. today 54 degrees, temp. below freezing then say temp. tonight, 28 degrees. Temp.  near freezing. Must be run or manned by reform school dropouts.   ......Paul H

Tags: