Fires in Australia

Started by branxhunter, January 03, 2020, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

I am not sure whether this is making news outside Australia but the eastern seaboard in particular is getting hammered by bushfires at the moment. There are plenty of online news feeds that can give details of specific areas, but the pages below provide a good overall summary for both NSW and Victoria:

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me

https://www.emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/

Marcus

gitano

It most certainly is making national news, Marcus! J0ebl0ggs and I were wondering how you guys were doing. The news reels make it look VERY bad. Hope all of 'you guys' are doing ok.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Those fires are most certainly making the national news feeds, Marcus. j0ebl0ggs and I were just this morning wondering how you 'guys' were doing. The news feeds make it look VERY bad. Hope everything is ok with you and.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

We certainly have.
I am more than a little disturbed to hear about the instances of arson, and wondering if they're true. (sometimes our media is not to be trusted.  especially about things like climate change)
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Jorge in Oz

Many people have been charged. Suspected eco-terrorism. But I can't confirm this. The Greens blamed climate change.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Jamie.270

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;154535The Greens blamed climate change.
Don't they always?

Standard fare, it has become the catch-all excuse for darned near everything.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: