Breakfast Grama's way

Started by sakorick, February 14, 2020, 05:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

B'fast cooking with Iron on my Iron stove. I fried the bacon in a No 8 Birmingham Steel and Range and the eggs in a No 6 Wagner Ware. BSR was out of Birmingham, Alabama and Wagner Ware was out of Sidney Ohio. Both these pans were rescued by me and both made back in the 30's. Clean up is very easy as you just use hot water and a sponge, dry and hang up. The eggs are farm eggs range free and the Bacon is Sprague's hand made thick slices. Yum.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, that's all we had to fry anything in when I was a kid in the mountains of SE Kentucky. I still use cast iron a LOT. Sizes from 15 to 8 inches in diameter. My favorite is Griswold. They're lighter & sought after by collectors. All we had to cook on as a kid was an old Pointer wood burning stove. .......Paul H .....

gitano

I use cast iron almost exclusively.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;154534Rick, that's all we had to fry anything in when I was a kid in the mountains of SE Kentucky. I still use cast iron a LOT. Sizes from 15 to 8 inches in diameter. My favorite is Griswold. They're lighter & sought after by collectors. All we had to cook on as a kid was an old Pointer wood burning stove. .......Paul H .....

I own 3 Griswolds and they are great pans.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: