Accurate Powder Recall

Started by gitano, May 03, 2020, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

See this site: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2020/02/take-notice-recall-of-accurate-2495-4064-4350-powders/

Paul

PS - If your browser won't let you open a link from within THL, copy the above link and paste it in the address of a new page.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Maybe pin this at the top of the reloading forum?

Just a thought.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Good idea. I post a copy of it there and 'pin' it.

'You' may recall that not too long ago I reported having a canister of powder go "bad" on me and that it was the first time in my life that had happened. It was Accurate 2495. Guess what lot it was: 3. It's one of the recalled lots. I'll be contacting the appropriate people for a refund. Makes me feel better about the powder going bad. It was "bad" to start with. You can see my comments here http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20287&highlight=2495&page=15 at post number 141.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

So I got in touch with "General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems" this morning and got the skinny on how to get recompense for the bad pound of 2495 I have.

Here's a copy of the email I received:
Paul,

Please read and follow the instructions below.

Thank you for contacting Accurate regarding the recall.

We are offering a refund of:

1 lb. canister - $35.00

8 lb. canister - $225.00

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Canada Valleyfield, Inc (GD-OTS), has determined a potential defect relating to certain lots of Accurate 2495, 4064 and 4350 propellants manufactured for Western Powders Inc. prior to October 1, 2016 and packaged under the Accurate brand name in 1 lb. and 8 lb. canisters, may be defective. The use or storage of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury or property damage. Some signs of degradation include, but are not limited to, container lid deformation, discoloration of the containers in the lid area, presence of red fumes when the container lid is opened, or the presence of a strong acidic odor.

GD-OTS and Western Powders Inc. are recalling the following powders packaged under the Accurate brand in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers.

Please check your lot number to insure you have a lot that is affected.  The Lot Number is the last 1 or 2 digits.  The first digits are the date, e.g. 0427124 is April 27th, 2012 Lot number 4.

The 7th and 8th digit(s) of the product are the LOT NUMBER.

The Lot numbers affected are:

For proof of purchase we will provide you with a unique recall number and ask that you take a photo of the bottle with the lot number and the unique number visible (examples below).

A close up of a bottle

Please reply with the following information.

1) The powder you have
...a) Size
...b) Quantity
...c) Where purchased (retailer name)
2) Complete lot number
3) Name:
4) Address:
5) City:
6) State:
7) Zip:
8) Phone Number:
9) Email:
10) Does the powder show any of the following signs? All containers must be opened and inspected.
...a) Bottle swelling
...b) Acidic smell
...c) Red Fumes
...d) Crystals
...e) None

Have you filled the container with water after lot number verification?  If not, please do so immediately.
Your recall number is ***. Must be written next to the lot number in the picture you take.

Please do not include pictures of the bar code as that has nothing to do with the lot number of the powder.

Please return this information to receive your refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding

Western Powders Inc.

Don W.

CSR

Western Powders Inc.

406-234-0422

Western Powders Inc. disclaims all possible liability for damages including, actual, incidental and consequential, resulting from usage of the information or advice contained in this message.

Use the data and advice at your own risk, and with extreme caution.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always begin loading from the minimum "START charge and carefully develop loads by increasing in small increments of 2% towards the Maximum load.

DISCLAIMER:

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,

(i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please

delete this communication from your system.  Failure to follow this process may be unlawful.  Thank you for your cooperation.

I did fill the canister with water. It foamed profusely so I put the cap back on tightly. It puffed up and forced foam out from under the tightly closed cap, so I opened the cap and let it "foam-out" then put the cap back on tightly. It puffed up again, but no foam coming out. Pretty nasty stuff actually.

You are given an option of cash or a new canister of powder. Unless you live in Alaska. Of course. Then you have no option, it's cash only. That's fine. I'll go buy another pound of 2495.

I have no clue when I will get the money, but I assume it won't be TOO long. But I've been wrong before. I'm glad I didn't throw that canister of powder out!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: