col 71mm
norma case

gitano

Wow! Great shooting!

Thanks for starting a new thread.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

I can't see a picture. ......Paul H

Brithunter

Nice shooting :biggthumpup:

Parker -Hale made very good barrels and it seems they knew how to screw them onto actions well plus they did a reasonable bedding job otherwise their rifles would not produce such results.

My .308 1100 Lightweight like the Hornady 130 Grn Spire Points and produced tight groups including a few one ragged one holers with them so it might be worth your while considering lighter bullets as well. I believe that my reloading notes made it here but am not sure in which box they are to be found.
Go Get them Floyd!

loiner1965

i use to use 150 / 155 gn bullets with good results but not ragged holes.
best results came when i took the brake off and put a wildcat mod on and tried some 175 vlds.
the result you can see which is great in varget and vit 135 powders.
use to chase different combinations years ago but i stick to what i know gives good results.
With my PH 30-06 also threaded and mod on i can get same results with 168 gn smk and i just aquired 500 lapua d46 in similiar weight and it shoots them perfectly

Brithunter

The reason that I first tried the Hornady 130 Grn Spire Points was because I was using them in my 30-30 WCF Bolt action rifle and in that  ragged one hole groups were fairly common place at  avelocity of 2700 fps. Obviously with such good results I tried them in my other .30 calibre rifles. The Bruno/CZ 601 Std was so-so with them as was my P-H 1100 Delux in 30-06 however a previous owner had messed with the bedding on that one which I believe was very detrimental to it's precision The stock was actully loose on it when I acquired it!! That was an on-going project to get sorted but in truth I had a few too many projects on the go at once :o .
Go Get them Floyd!

loiner1965

the super 1200 deluxe i have in 30-06 was a pain at first in its monte carlo stock as the comb hurt my cheek. i shoot left handed even though i am right handed . A friend sold me his laminated stock from his ph so i dropped it in.
The rifle as been screw cutted and recrowned so i can fit the wildcat moderator on. It shoots the 168gns smk perfectly with rs60 powder or h4895 but i did have issues with the new tdk green tips smk.
Fortunately i sorted that out as i reload them with the rcbs micometer die set rather than the lee dies.
Using the moderators on both my 308 and 30-06 the rifles are *****cats to shoot esp the scout.
At my club i shoot through a 6ft tunnet which caused blurring due to heat build up from the reflex mod and the heat not escaping quickly enough after 2 rounds.
i bought  a usb fan off ebay and used those phone battery units to run it.
The fans are directional and i stick them to the sides to clear the heat away so i dont get heat haze as i shoot off 20 mag

Brithunter

Interesting about the tunnel. I shot at the Nothcotes Butts (Lincolnshire) tunnel range a few times but never really noticed an issue there.
Go Get them Floyd!

loiner1965

yes its only a square shaped box section about 4 ft long where your barrel fires through.Took me awhile to suss it out as i always shoot next to my mate also in a tunnel but he never mentioned anything.
We take in in turns to shoot due to movement and he doesnt use a mod and shoots on a lower mag.
If you have a reflex mod on then the heat builds up insides and slowly seeps out both ends and rises up so you are looking through a haze.You cannot see it with the naked eye but with a high mag scope your target is blurry at 100 yds so hinders good grouping.
I always shoot at this bay so i thought it was me and i use fine reticle scopes which adds to the problem.

branxhunter

I can't see the photos so unable to comment, but great to see you back posting Brithunter!

Marcus

Tags: