Memorial Day 2020

Started by Bill Thibeault, May 22, 2020, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Thibeault

/Users/williamthibeault 1/Desktop/gif21.jpg

May they never be forgotten.  RIP, Brave Warriors.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I have a chip on my shoulder the size of Kansas WRT Viet Nam. It's very difficult for me - in fact, it's impossible - to engage in any conversation about our comrades fallen in combat. The whole "Thank you for your service" BS makes me want to punch the sayer in the face. In the end, it is only "us" that will remember, and REMEMBER.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

It wasn't my intent to *** on the fireworks. I was just commenting about my 'attitude'. Here's a piece my daughter wrote that "you" may find interesting. The perspective of someine born in the 90s.

Paul

Oops - Forgot the link as usual: https://caitbuxbaum.com/2020/05/27/memorial-day/

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Bill Thibeault

MEMORIAL DAY 2021:

Please remember all the brave young men and women of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and the Coast Guard who have given their lives in defense of our Nation.

The Ode to the Fallen:

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them."

The Ode comes from For the Fallen, a poem by the English poet and writer Laurence Binyon and was published in London in The Winnowing Fan: Poems of the Great War in 1914. This verse, which became the Ode for the Returned and Services League, has been used in association with commemoration services in Australia since 1921.

May God Bless America.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

Jamie.270

Well said Bill.

Thank you.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: